Thinking about selling my SG Stemline for a LW 15-arm bub - thoughts??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by spikeystud88, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Figures I posted that RIGHT before I saw your thread lol. Posted a few questions in your thread btw ;). Will definitely check North's out too. Thanks dude!

2. i know i answered them check it out

3. My bad, posted before refreshing my UserCP! Thanks a ton dude, I really appreciate it.

Yeah that's a good idea. Only downside is how permanent it is. If my parents come over they might wonder why I have a giant hook in the side of my coffee table lol.

If I decide not to sell it I will definitely look into this. Not sure how I never thought of it before, super good idea. Thanks!

4. #25 norml56, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010

You've helped me decide not get one right now. I wish more people around me collected tubes so I could hit a bigger variety. I'm more of a collector I still have every single piece I've ever bought. But I see your point. The tube isn't a custom and if you want another one you can always pick it up again. Maybe try selling it to a friend so you can still hit it every once n while.

5. I just parted with a piece I never thought I would. My good ole King Stemline, however I am happy with my new purchase. I say go with whatever you want. There will be plenty of stemlines around later as well if you decided you need to have one back.

6. I feel ya man, glass is an investment as long as you don't break it. I have a Stemline and a older style SG 8 arm straight, don't plan on getting rid of either but I wouldn't doubt it. Those bubblers are so sick too, get one!

7. I definitely agree. Not many of my friends are collectors (hell, most of them dont even have tubes - they have shitty $35 bubblers or $50 steamrollers) so yeah most of the variety I get is from my own pieces lol.

And yeah, I thought about trying to sell it to a friend. Like I said, none of them really have any high-end glass...so they dont understand the $300 price tag. They'd take my Weed Star bubbler over the Stemline anyway (probably because it looks cool - too bad there's a $200+ price difference lol). I'll let my friends know though, cause ya it'd be cool to still have it around.

Speaking of variety, I'm proud to say I hit a Sheldon Black tube that had some SICKASS trees going on. The tree arms were like 8" long each, made for some super sick diffusion. Any idea what this is called? Totally OT lol, my bad.

Yeah dude I saw that, meant to ask you why you got rid of it - but after seeing your circ/circ I definitely know why :). That circ/circ looks sick man, I bet it hits better than the king anyways (more diffusion). Very true about the stemlines. If it did have some work or something I'd be really be stuck - but since it's a pretty 'standard' one (as if any SG tube is standard lol), it makes it easier to part with.

Exactly. If I break it, it's practically worthless. I always just get so worried when we're hitting it and I set it on the ground...I'm just waiting for the day when it falls over and cracks! Idk, I really will miss her...

8. Once again Ze Cross Jointa to the rescue!!!

[​IMG]

Thats my Sheldon black and i LOVEEEE it tooo. The diffusion by those trees is insane, I can take bigger rips out of this bong than any other piece I've used. Its called a six arm fixed stem

9. Shit, that piece is sick man! But his was different...the downstem was normal, but it had an actual tree perc but the trees were easily as long as those. I had never seen trees that long before, it totally threw me off lol!

10. haha gotta love bein the only one with sick glass out of all ur friends, most of my buddies have moved on from bein mooches and bought their own tubes, they credit me with the idea thou :D

11. #33 Grizzly420, Oct 7, 2010
    ^^^ Do you just have a folder full of alt pics, where you collect them for a rainy day and then post when it requires it? I find it soooo funny how you just post pictures and stuff, even if its true and shit. half the time i cant find the piece you post and im like "where the hell did fondler get the pic from, I cant find it." lol... Edit: also, fondler, your posts are constantly getting deleted b/c of the pics... idk if you care or not, just letting you know.

spikey: no problem dude. thank you very much fro the rep, much appreciated.i'd rep you back, but i gotta spread the love. sorry though (ill do it alter when it allows me to). as for my post. We can't always expect people to be like ourselves let alone our own tastes, views, insights and whatnot. I'm just glad you liked it and that it sorta helped you out, if at all. Wish i had a job,, haven't had one for a few yrs now (used to be camp counselor, HA!). rainy day money was at like $3800.. now its like $2500, give or take. dammit, now I want a stemline AND a LW bub. Sooo hate you for making me think this.. LOL. nah, just playing, much love Blade brother.[​IMG]

p.s.: also helps out that I'm a Philosophy major, so I typically choose my words carefully or articulate my thoughts in a manner that is easy to figure out, but that are meaningful.:rolleyes:

12. second post ive seen by you tonight talking about your philosophy major :rolleyes:

13. lol.. thanks, i think. well, each of them, not sure where you saw the other one (im assuming the thread with the douche dude?) had a reason to be said in retrospect. its one of those type of things where it has a large impact on your life, whether you realize it or not. in one post i said it for fun and to prove a point.. the other was more along the lines of pointing out a fact, and making a joke, though typically true with me.

14. ive always thought when i was younger it was a boring and a joke, but im def gonna take philosophy next semester, any words of wisdom on the subject?

15. #39 Grizzly420, Oct 7, 2010
    Sure no problem:

-depending on the type of class/assignemt theres two routes that will msot likely happen. 1. the route of "so and so said this" what does it mean (you can be interpretative here for a bit, but there is typically an answer the prof is looking for.) or 2. "question of ......, what do you think it means or what is your view on this?-- answer is typically always interpretative and you can get away with pretty much anything here, as long as you support your answer/findings.

-take a class that interests you, philosophy wise. (philosophy of film is always fun i think)

-when you do 'readings" for the class, dont just read the words and get the gist of it, or the literal meaning, there is always a deeper underlying message and meaning. even if it seems easy, go deeper, there's another view/meaning waiting to be found.

-be prepared to have words that you have no clue what they mean thrown at you, and expected to understand them. look them up, and understand the basis for why they were created and by who. this helps explaining many terms, theories and such.

-if a particular topic or discussion inquiry is difficult to understand, find a way to dumb it down. however, by doing so, acknowledge the fact your doing so, b/c the actual concept is much more complex than your giving it credit for. by dumbing it down, you allow yourself to understand it. than slowly rebuild it, so you can fully understand how it was, BEFORE you dumbed it down. I.E. understanding the good/truth and the soul through Plato's allegory of the cave. if you dont understand the theory of plato's truth and goodness, use the allegory of the cave story to understand. then reverse work it so you can slowly understand how it worked out to begin with, and now you understand the original. (also helps with understanding the "divided line")

-philosophy is one of those subjects that can be used in every single aspect of your life and what you talk about/think about, for any subject. you merely need to know how to do it, (one reason your taking the class, or at least should be). b/c of this, it is one of the most flexible tools you will have in your thinking arsenal, so use it for other classes.

-its not just about questions and answers.. its also about understanding something.. if you only care about questions and answers,, your in the wrong field. half the time, there is no answer, merely hypothesized views of people who only believe their point of view, b/c its all they could possibly know to begin with.

-if you use some latin terminology that is related to the topic, you;ll only sound smarter.. unless you know why the term is actually used, your not any smarter than the guy next to you who sleeps in class/ texts his buddies about the game.

-see if your college has a philosophy club, many/most do. Im president of mine, LOL (have been for 2 yrs now). use it as a way to figure out topics you dont understand in class. chances are the other students/faculty there not only will help, but will give good examples, discussion points for weekly topics, and some may intersect with what your learning, take notes in the club to later use for the class. it'll help.

-learn how to write not just an essay, but a good philosophical paper. Do this, play devils advocate (take the opposing arguments side), and try to poke holes in your argument, if you can, flip back to your original side of train of thought and then defend those very same views you just poked holes in. then go back and forth. if you do this well enough, your argument can get to the point where you cover all the bases.. (not really possible, but it limits what ht prof. can actually say/do to your paper, discussion, or what you say in class)

^^^^ little worn out after typing this, within 5-10 min. still writing my other papers for 2 classes. if you got more questions PM me. dont want to take over this nice thread here by spikey.

16. do not intend to take over this thread at all, im actually very interested in his stemline so im sure he wnt mind. secondly, thank u for the input an time, not too many people go out of their way to explain a subject and go indepth like that, wuld u jsut told me will definelty give me a better idea on what the class is about or goin to be like than any other student im around at school (mostly engineer majors who do not care for the course and see it merely as an elective and a grade for their required courses, me on the other hand an engineer who is actually interested in the subject), so thank u once again. i want to take this class mostly because its not jsut about question and answer, which most engineering courses are detailed around, i tend to think analytically most of the time, however since ive started smoking and using other substance ive found it easier to now think differently about things, play devils advocate, not skim the surface of life, anyways enough of me goin on talking, thank u and sorry spikey for the brief hijack