Thinking about moving

Discussion in 'General' started by SkinnyFists, Jul 14, 2011.

1. So I've been getting urges to leave the nest. I just can't handle living with my parents anymore. It's not that they're bad people, but I just need to get out on my own. I'm 22, and I don't know but it just feels like I'm still a little kid having to deal with my parents.

I was planning on getting a place with my girl soon, but we just split up. And I can't afford to rent out a place on my own unless it's a total shitbox. Then out of nowhere one of my closest friends asks if i want to get a place with him. It would be great, but I would have to quit my job and find another one fast because he wants to live like 4 hours away from where I currently live because of his job.

His job is more of a career path for him, whereas mine is basically a summer job where I can save up some money. So it makes the most sense to be close to his work. I have about three grand saved up, so I have a tiny bit of leeway, but I'm worried that I would get out there and not find a place to work, and be fucked in the ass.

Part of me is saying that it is too risky, and I'm going to regret it. But the other half is screaming at me to take a chance and go for it. It could turn out to be a great thing. I still have to talk to him about what price ranges he's thinking about, but knowing him it won't be crazy expensive, especially split.

Any input from experienced mover outers?