Thinking about homeschooling (online classes)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by lostmymarblez, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Any Education is worth it be online or at school

2. #22 M Brown420, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Believe what you want but my principle did not like me. getting a little into this but meh what ever lol.

There was a basketball game on a wendsay this kid i was with ( hardly hang out with him ) was joking around with a kid and asked if he wanted to buy weed the kid told a teacher and so on we smoked cigs that night and had the smell on us my principle claimed i smelled of " marijuana " pissed me off bad like fucking shit pissed off to this day still but anyways he called a drug dog the next monday mainly on me and it " alerted " on my jeep which im not saying it didn't i do smoke weed in it but yeah... the cops found cigs tossed them in the back he then opens my door grabs them calls my parents " best thing and only thing is alt-ed for michael due to tobacco and grades "

And its not i can afford a hs education i will be getting the same thing in online school i have ADD or some shit where i can't stay focused on anything therefor not learning shit.......

But done bickering with you my bad was just giving my advice to it. but i swear to god grades and tobacco was his almighty reasons to kick me out. yes i talked back to him but not big enough to kick me out he just didn't like me never has. 

cya, and i have my reasons for what and how i do it don't judge it till you live in my shoes.

EDIT: cigs are 4$ a pack not 70$ and i rarely get them.

3. Anyone who truly believes high school is all about " the system serving you " and getting " a good education" hasn't been in a high school recently/blind. I graduated last year. IMO high school and compulsory education in general is retarded as fuck on so many levels. To understand this you have to understand that schools exist to keep themselves existent, not to educate. After you sit through high school over and over and over you start to see through a lot of the bullshit. I didn't learn shit in high school. I've learned more academic information on this forum. I was mentally ready to start college in 10th grade. Memorizing bullshit and then spitting it back out on a test on weekly cycles does absolutely nothing. Plus the teachers could give half a shit about their jobs, and generally hate kids and being there. It's hard to explain in a couple paragraphs but our "education" system is broken. Teachers told me multiple times that the school board was telling them to pass everyone so as to not negatively affect their graduation rate and therefore financial support. Because they have a "tradition of excellence". Tradition of fucking bullshit. I learned jack shit in high school and could have done 90% of the work in my sleep. It's not about learning anymore, it's about the "high school experience"Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. College is the same way. Cram and regurgitate. High school is for learning and if youre smart enough you can actually start taking college level courses early. If high school was so easy maybe you should have applied to take higher level courses. Maybe even looked into graduating early. 

5. It teaches you how to participate in THE system. You know the one that keeps us locked down and strips us of human freedoms.
    The public school system of the U.S is corrupt as fuck and does not serve any purpose in making the children more "Educated". 

6. All schools teach you to conform to some system. Schools increase a person's knowledge(you cant dispute that) but it serves no function in increasing wisdom. That's up to the person.

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” 
    ― Albert Einstein 

7. I did online classes my senoir year. Public school is stressful as hell getin up at 6 o clock to learn to parrot facts that we will never use in life and to deal with insecure fake people. plus i have attention problems lol

8. I used to do online school. It's cool to do it on your own schedule, but it's too easy to slack off. Ended up smoking and playing games more than actually working haha.
    If you think you'll be able to commit yourself to it, go for it.

9. Of course you learn basic things in school. But as you go on and on it just becomes more of a place where you are forced to go, forced to do things that pertain to no aspect of your life what so ever and at that point it is basically training you to be a slave to society.

10. A lot of the things you learn can help you in life. You can say all of it was pointless and I say all of i was to our benefit. I think we'd have a lot less people in math and science related fields if they wernt forced to take those classes and found how much they loved it/good at it. You cant say you dont need to learn all that stuff because you already have your career path laid out and there is no precal in sight. If you took the time youd be amazed how much that stuff you thought you'd never used could have helped you out in your everyday life.

11. While I agree I also respectfully disagree. I still stand by what I said before.