Thinking about growing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NottaTroll, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hey, I'm just a new potential grower who'll be doing some lurking and maybe asking a few questions.

I don't plan on making a huge impact on the site but I figured it would be rude for me not to at least introduce myself.

2. Welcome to the family!

Take it easy, start with BS, don't waste a lot of $$ on expensive seeds!

3. for real I'd start with bagseeds or like 2 single female seeds. just be easy and stay chill and you'll be good. if you post a ? i bet i'll be in there postin :smoking:
    welcome:D

4. Thanks to both of you for the advice. I've got some seeds left over from some schwag I bought when I was living in PA, so that's what I plan on experimenting with.

5. Im just about to start my first grow too. I'll just use bagseed in a 2sqft stealth box in my closet with 4 26 watt CFL bulbs. I plan on using the LST method. How much do you know about growing? If you don't know too mcuh read up on all the great guides stticked on the forums

6. I don't know a shit ton about growing weed, but I do have experience growing other plants and I know how to care for them. As far as reading the guides, that's what I'm doing right now. :cool:

7. #7 Let'smoke, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
    Definitely grow!

I recommend you start small, and start a journal and update it with pics. Then follow the sage advice you get! That's the best way to get and give the most on this site IMHO. -Edit: In addition to reading the guides, of course!-

As for bagseed, I strongly recommend newbies use it to get germination down-pat. After that, get some cheap, stable genetics from a site like Dr. Chronic. If you do the research, you can get something just right for your grow and you (not extravagant!), and usually spend less than $35 shipped.
    The problem with bagseed is the small chance that you can do everything right and still wind up with weed that has next to no THC due to unstable genetics. This can really put you off growing!
    Once you have decent genetics germinated, I guarantee following the guides and advice on here will get you good smoke from your girlies. Happy growing!:wave:

8. 1) Dr. Chronic doesn't ship to the US anymore
    2) What does BS have to do with unstable genetics and no THC?
    3) Get your "facts" straight

9. no THC? in bagseed? comeon you can get a great plant off some lob(midgrade) seeds.

10. Poke pinky into dirt 1/2 inch deep.
    Place the seed in hole w/ the place where the seed opens pointing down.
    Cover up, pat, add water.
    Fool proof.