Thinking about growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by natehens, Feb 16, 2013.

1. This would be my first grow, and I have to keep quiet about it because my parents don't like the fact that I smoke. Any advice ?

2. Stealth grow..

3. Yes, the reason for the post is that I'm a noob, and need help

4. Right. Give me your current plan

5. Well, I was thinking it was almost warm enough for a grow, I live near a swamp on a dirt road dead end road. Would that be a ideal place?

6. That's not really a "plan." You'll need something more solid than a location :p

7. Well I have seeds from some good that I've been getting, I have the land to grow on. I have all the key stuff, do you think it would be safe?

8. Okay so you are growing outdoors. Here's some things you'll need to consider. Find a place where nobody will ever find, has to be an area that gets a lot of sunlight and doesn't have to compete for sunlight. Near a swamp, you most likely will encounter many pests, bugs and animals that will eat your crop. If your gonna go through with this you will need ways to prevent and treat . Don't grow on your own property if you're in a place where it's illegal. How will you water, what soil will you use, you need to buy nutrients.

9. There's a random patches of woods around, my friend said it would be wise to put it in a field

10. Okay. What I would do is find an area with high vegetation and clear out a good circle of it about 20' . Make sure it will get plenty of sun! You will need to bring in your own soil so dig out where you will grow , enough so that when you bring in your soil it will be back to ground level.

11. Okay, I've got that part down but if it gets sun all day won't a helicopter see it or something?

12. That's the risk you take growing outdoors. Most camouflage by growing in gardens with legal plants that show similar colors

13. So what would be an ideal plant to put around it?

14. Japanese maple, stinging nettle actually can benefit your plant . Studies show that stinging nettle can increase resin production. If you do plant close to other plants make sure their soils are connected and their roots won't come in contact. Marijuana requires a certain pH, 6.3-6.9 is optimal

15. Okay so I would clear a spot bring in soil and plant the stinging nettle around it. Then what do you think would work for water?

16. That is a good idea. I really doubt that they would find your plants honestly but there is a possibility. Obviously it is going to receive natural water, however I water with distilled water. Neutral ph and free of impurities. Overwatering is bad though. Dark green, drooping and curling leaves are indicative of overwatering. I have a great book with all the information you would need for outdoor growing.

17. What's the name of the book maybe I could pick it up

18. I totally looked at that pretty high wondering why there wasn't a book haha