Thinking about growing, need help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nokturnal420, May 15, 2008.

1. Well, I've been looking through these forums, reading up on stuff, and even posted some questions in the general help thing.

This might help, it might not. The ideal spot for me to grow is in the back of a car, you know behind the seats. There is no key to open it, but with my awesome skills I managed to get in. I measured it, it's very low, but hopefully I'll be able to get them to get them used to it. It is 18 inches high, 30 wide and 38 long. I'm only going to grow one or two plants. I know little about growing, I don't really know why I need a fan or anything, I plan on going in there every now and then and fanning it out instead of spending more money.

So, the biggest problem I have is the lights, what is the smallest possible light I can have in there, that can still keep those babies warm. I guess I'm going to have to plug it into something, I guess I'll just have to risk it and go for it, but can you guys help me choose out the light? I'm trying to go for a green light since I heard it's better, the leaves like green more or something.
    Also, at first I will plant it inside of an eggshell, crazy biology stuff I learned, it worked for a tomato plant I had to do, some nutrients help it grow or something.

Well anyway, space and lighting are my main concerns, can anyone help me out, like how to make the most of the space, what lights, some low-growing strains? I'll appreciate any help.

Edit: Checking out another spot, will update when I can get up there:D

2. there's a lot of things i wouldn't recommend doing that you listed.

1. the back of a car is a bad idea. i hope this isn't a useable vehicle.

2. don't use a green light.

3. don't skip out on the fans (ventilation)

read the stickies on this forum because most of what you're needing to know will be in there.

3. Nope, car's been in there collecting dust for years.

Any explanation for why I shouldn't use a green light?

I think I could go in every once in a while to fan it out.

Edit: Also, as I have said space is an issue, and the air will have nowhere to go.

4. you'll need a light that'll put out the necessary lumens and in the color spectrum you need. green just wont do in this case.

the reason you'll need fans is to keep a constant fresh air supply to your plants and to keep the hot air moving out of the grow area and bringing cool air in to replace it. unless you're gonna stand there and fan these things for about 18 hours a day (since cars are insulated somewhat) you're gonna need air movement.

it also might look a little strange having some extension cords leading to a car that doesn't work.

5. I guess I could crack it open a bit, the cords will definately be a bother, but I'll try my best to conceal them, under the car, under junk, or something.

So, for two plants how much light will I need? One for each? Could anyone reccommend me a light?

6. well the problem with leaving any opening for air exchange is creating light leaks. you want your environment to be completely light proof. i'm sorry to tell you, but there's no super easy way of doing this. you've got to build an environment. a car isn't going to work.

for 2 plants, you'll need atleast 150 watts of HID lighting. cfl's can be used (i've done it from start to finish) but you'll need a few of those in a cluster to create the right amount of light.

just forget about the car.....there's plenty of other ways.

7. There is only one other way, and it's probably rat and bug infested. My parents don't know about it, and I'll have a lot more space, unfortunately I don't know if there will be anything to plug the lights in, and the only way of airflow out is probably through my room. I'll update this thread tomorrow maybe, but on Saturday for sure when I have explored this place.

Give me hope, oh magic door to reeferville.

8. first of all, are you 18?

second, don't grow in your parents house if they don't know about it.

9. Actually, you're right. Fuck this, when my cousin gets his apartment I'll grow some nice shit in bigger rooms.

I guess it's back to buying shitty weed for me.

10. the ambition is good, but the timing is just bad at the moment. take this time to study up so when the moment comes, you'll be prepared. good luck.

besides, wouldn't wanna hear about someone burning down their house.

11. Yeah, just a couple more years haha.

Yeah, I'm gonna study up on this stuff, that's the plan. Thanks., + rep.

12. I had thoughts like you 3 years ago, but its just not do-able and dont risk it..

3 years later I have my own place and started to grow 3 months ago, I learned so much reading over the last years that I ran into very little problems because I knew alot from all the info on the forums.

In about 6 months from now I'm buying a house and doubling or tripling my lighting and going to upgrade from there..

Good luck, dont rush, we'll still be around to help..