Thinking about Growing. Need expert opinions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TheBay, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hey GC, so I've had my medical card for a few months now. I was finally convinced to start a mini grow operation but I needed some opinion and had some questions before I start. So I wanted to start a mini grow op which has about 3-4 plants. I want these buds to come out nice and tall and big buds. I know it will be difficult with first time growing but the only way I will learn is by throwing myself into it and getting into the lingo.

There is stuff im unsure about though. Like how much space will I need for my plants to have enough room to grow nice and tall so I can have a nice yield. Ive seen many kits and they have all the pots which you put the plants in close together. Wouldn't the plants needs more room to grow cuz it seems like the plants will be in each others way when they mature and get big. or is this not a concern?

Now about the grow kit. So I was looking around for the bets grow kit to grow 3-4. Money is not a big issue but I will like to find the biggest bang for my buck. I would rather prefer buying a grow kit/box but if making one is not too complicated I will be able to do that.

2. Look into SCROG (screen of green) and LST (low stress training). These are ways to grow "big and tall" plants but keep them compact and confined to a smaller space. There are literally hundreds of threads on the two methods.

3. Thanks OnedayJD for the reply. I will look more into those methods. Is there a specific article or thread which has a lot of information?

I'm still open for advice! Thanks really appreciated!