Thinking about growing. Have questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mikeydoes, Sep 30, 2009.

1. #1 Mikeydoes, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
    I have a few questions that I want to ask. I'm thinking I'd might want to use 1-2000 watts.

1.) What type of seed should I purchase, what is your personal favorite and where would I get it at?

2.) Aside from not telling people you are growing what are other things that I should be careful about so I don't get caught.

3.) Is there a starter kit that you would recommend me buying that you know from experience is great?

2. A 2000 watt light would create a lot of heat, and uses a lot of electricity. At 0.10c a KWH you would be spending 20 cents every hour that the lights are on. At 18 hours a day veg, that would cost you $100, plus all the electricity the fans and exhaust that you will need to get, the electricity bill alone would be $150 more than usual.

As for seeds, everyone has their personal favorite, why don't you read up on the descriptions and whatnot and find one that fits your needs. You'll be motivated more knowing you're growing something you want.

Starter kits are majorly overpriced and I doubt too many people have any experience with them especially when there are so many great DIY guides on these forums.

I believe talking about selling/dealing isn't allowed on these forums, and even if it were, no one would be able to give you a solid answer due to a few major factors; 1. cost of maintenance of the grow (electricity, nutes, water, etc), 2. yield of the grow (different strains, different care, different yields), and 3. prices vary from area to area.

3. I was more just getting an idea of what people like, just looking for suggestions and sites, so i can get this operation up and running.

4. Check out the Seed Banks sub-forum on grasscity.

5. 1.) What type of seed should I purchase, what is your personal favorite and where would I get it at?

Well what exactly are you looking for? do you want something that's easy to grow for a first time? or are you just looking for that right type of marijuana to smoke?

2.) Aside from not telling people you are growing what are other things that I should be careful about so I don't get caught.
    smell, make sure there's not HID light emmitting profusely from a window in your house

3.) Is there a starter kit that you would recommend me buying that you know from experience is great?
    yeah DON'T DO THIS. First off, customizing your setup to meet your needs is crucial, also you can find out what everything is that you need to start growing on this site.