Thinking About Growing For The First Time!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BlindFreak132, Jun 25, 2011.

1. I was thinking about doing my first grow and looked on here cause my friend told me this was a great community to get started with. I just wanted to do a small personal grow, one or two plants and have it hidden from look and smell. I have a lot of people over everyday and I don't want them steal anything. I have a store near me that could pretty much supply anything to grow so I went over there a picked up some supplies from $185.

What they gave me,

1 1/4 Cup Watering Cup
    1 PH strips
    2 Small 6" Pots
    2 Medium Sized Pots
    2 Large 5 Gallon Pots
    150W HPS Light with Fixture
    and Multiple Ferts

Now all this stuff is great and looks easy to use. But I am a first time grower and I don't know if this was actually worth what I paid and I really am not sure if this is going to turn out as good as I want. Honestly I'm not in it for the yield, I just want to see if I could do it.

The problems and question I have:
    I currently don't have a box for it, I've seen many custom made boxes on here and was interested in making one from scratch. Then I saw in a High Times magazine I have there's grow tents, then I was interested in that. The area I'm working with is 2'x2'x4'.

Is there a box I could get with lighting and everything for cheaper than what I paid? $185.

I have seeds germinated and growing in solo cups right now, how soon should I put them in pots?

Where is the best place to purchase seeds?

I saw PC grow boxes, is that a good way to go in my situation?

If I have anymore questions I'll be sure to add them, thanks for anyone who helps :)

Attached Files: