Thinking about giving weed tea to my grandma?

Discussion in 'General' started by icewithmilk, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Yeah, I see where you're coming from. But if I tell her there's CBD and THC in it, she will keep an open mind to it; if I tell her there's weed in it, her brain will sound an alarm due to all the misinformation she's been fed for years and instantly reject it. When either way I'm saying the exact same thing in different words.

2. Its almost like you're trying to trick her into drinking it. If you told her it was mj, you say she wouldn't agree to it. So why would it be okay to completely ignore that fact and lead her to believe you are giving her chemicals (like vitamins or something) that aren't contained in MJ?

How do you think your depressed grandma is going to feel when she finds out that she took a drug she's been against using her whole life? She's probably going to feel bad, and be upset with you if you're not upfront.

3. She wouldn't agree to it because she has a biased opinion.

Would you or would you not agree that the best way to let a person decide if something was bad or not was to let them look at all of the information from a nonsubjective perception?

That's basically what I'm doing. She would be making a nonsubjective decision to either drink or not drink the tea after learning the facts about what's in it. And the fact that putting a different label on it could completely alter her decision is the only thing morally wrong in this situation.

4. Why not just make a pure CBD tea so there is no risk involved. It would help her with her pains and aches, and help her get some good sleep.

From what I've read, you can "bake" your buds at certain temperature to burn off THC, leaving your buds with mostly CBD and other non-psychoactive components. You can then make a cbd tea with those buds. I'm not 100% sure on this method, so do some further research.

5. I had no idea you could this, thanks for sharing! I'll definitely do some research over this. Sounds like a good idea to me.

6. Isn't that enough of a reason to stop you? Essentially, you're drugging her against her will. That's a crime in most places.

I agree. Looking at things with an unbiased opinion is best. However, that's not how the real world works.
    Although it might be okay with you, it may not be with her, and you need to respect that. The mature thing would be to sit down and have a heart-to-heart with her, explain your stance, and let her make her own decision.

If you go through with this, she will be making an unbiased decision to drink the tea on false pretenses, which is dishonest and disrespectful on your part towards your grandma. I understand you have good intentions. Show her that instead.

7. I agree with everything you just said, except I'm not drugging her against her will. But you're right about everything else

8. Well, except you are, just on false pretenses. You're hoping that she won't understand the difference between marijuana and thc, thinking that she'll ingest it because she doesn't fully understand what you're giving her.

If you thought she would be OK with this why wouldn't you just come out and say what you're doing? Not telling her until after the fact just shows that you know she wouldn't approve, and what makes that OK?

9. I really wish you wouldn't trick your grandma into using drugs shes against.

Its really not right to do that.

Theres a lot of obvious reasons not to, but imagine if something bad happened like a stroke from her freaking out.

Could you live with that? I couldnt, just sayin

Also, if she tests positive at her dr for cannabis, theyll probly cut her meds off. Ive seen this happen irl. Its just not worth the possible fallout imo.

10. Drugging her against her will would imply that I'm giving her a drug without telling her that I'm giving her a drug and/or not telling her how the drug will affect her.

11. Yo bro, if ur gonna do it, do it, quit arguing with us on GC. If you were gonna do it regardless of what we say, which is a resounding NO, then just do it and cut all this shit.Just to clarify, i am also against it. Tell her its cannabis if you want to give her tea. Otherwise, don't drug your lil ole granny w/o her knowledge you neanderthal.sent from underneath my balls

12. Yeah..what the guy above me said. No one wants to argue semantics with you.

13. This. Op made his decision and has already justified it. This thread is probably ready to be closed.

14. [quote name="Dr. Sheldon Cooper" post="19370970" timestamp="1390175836"]This. Op made his decision and has already justified it. This thread is probably ready to be closed.[/quote]I think u meant to quote my post sheldonsent from underneath my balls

15. I should have quoted both of you. I just quoted him because i agreed with him and he agreed with you.

16. Guys stop bumping this thread lol

17. lol, i thought this said "thinking about tea bagging my grandma"

18. #38 Cawdswallup, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    If you feed your grandma marijuana in any form without her knowledge of it, i'm calling it elderly abuse. 
    You see the reactions people have when they smoke it for the first time, and these are people expecting to get a mind altering result. 

Your grandma will not know what happened to cause such a different feeling and it could potentially end in a number of different ways.

19. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother man. Maybe if you sat her down and spoke to her about it honestly she would be up for it. I don't think you should give her weed tea without her full knowledge and consent though.

20. This is a very bad idea, she will have a very bad experience getting high and not expecting it.