Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking About Getting A Bong, Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by k-money, Apr 9, 2010.

1. #1 k-money, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    okay so me and my best friend want to get a bong. it has to be small and we would like a plastic one so we dont have to be so careful. can you guys help me out please

edit: my bad i forgot to mention that we need it by this weekend cuz theres gonna be this party with a few friends nd we wanna get it by this weekend. what i meant in the post was that we need to be able to go to the headshop on friday and know what to get so we dont take to much time and we can go smoke up. i want plastic because we are on a tight budget and i dont want to worry about breaking them. were new smokers so we dont know how to roll nd plus we get retarted on bongs and we love it haha :hello:

Do most headshops sell smaller sized bongs. i have only been in one when i got my one hitter that just broke today. it was my first piece. :cry:

and

what conserves more green while still getting you f***ed up a bong or a bubbler? what is more expensive? what is more easy to clean? what is less likely to smell after i wash it

also how should i say bong in a headshop. i know if you say bong they flip a shit. what should i call it?

2. glass is honestly better. maybe you should just use homemades until you can invest in a actual good glass one you can be careful with

3. the thing is that we both are in high school and yes we are 18. but we still live with our parents so its gotta be plastic for easy storage and small. were new to smoking so are there any small plastic bongs like in head shops or are we looking for a lost cause. we cant drive to the "local" headshop because we have baseball after school everyday and the headshop is like 40 minutes away

4. Yeah make a home made one. Like a water bottle? Leave it lying in the middle of no where and no one will suspect a thing, unless you forget to dump the bong water and it smells like you know what and you know who's been doing the you know what :smoke:. That's what I do... well yeah... You could even buy a glass slide bowl with a down stem :D! "Forget the mess it's a destress!" That's my motto.

5. I don't enjoy smoking out of plastic. That's just me though, you might.

My advice: Get some Zig-Zag rolling papers or Dutch and roll a joint or blunt. Much easier to store and get rid of.

Although I have seen some smaller bongs which I've heard are good for easy storing. Probably cruise around online or on here and look at different ones.

6. no like we want to buy a real bong but an acrylic one. we just need some suggestions

7. are you able to buy one online?

8. no i dont have a credit card

9. Why are you insistent on acrylic? It can't be just size because they make glass bongs that are just as small as acrylic ones.

10. So, you can't go to a headshop or buy one online? If you buy from Grass City, you can send them the money through the mail. But, really; do not get an acrylic one. Get a small glass one. It'll get really nasty after a while because it's hard to clean the acrylics. Gross.

11. So why can't you go on the weekend? I mean other than that there's no way we can advise you to get one. I'd tell you not to waste your time with acrylics but you seem bent on having one. If you ever try glass you'll see a big difference.

12. umm your 18 right? buy a fucking dutch because in my honest opinion buying a bong isn't worth it until you can get some decent glass. if you're 18 buy papers and blunts. its not that hard

13. my bad i forgot to mention that we need it by this weekend cuz theres gonna be this party with a few friends nd we wanna get it by this weekend. what i meant in the post was that we need to be able to go to the headshop on friday and know what to get so we dont take to much time and we can go smoke up. i want plastic because we are on a tight budget and i dont want to worry about breaking them. were new smokers so we dont know how to roll nd plus we get retarted on bongs and we love it haha :hello:

14. You can get small glass bongs for fairly cheap too...

I personally would stay away from acryllics.

15. I got a small, decent glass bong for $30 at a local head shop. It rips pretty good, but if you're going to a party you might want to something bigger than something you can easily store away in your closet sadly. I can't imagine passing around some piece of shit glow in the dark McDonald's toy water pipe around to my buddies. Make a blunt. They're classy, easy, no storage and get you fucked up.

16. how small. like we want a small one but not too small. we still have to hide it because we live with our parents. do bongs stink? and do most head shops carry small bongs

17. Just go to the headshop and decide there. Thats what I always do.

They should have a huge variety of bong sizes if its a decent headshop, glass bongs come in pretty much any size.

Anything you smoke out of will smell a bit. If its in a bag I doubt you'll be able to smell it.

If you're worried about hiding it, you may want to look into a bubbler. I love bubblers mainly cus I also live with my parents so I can never really smoke at home. They hit nice almost like a bong, but are much more portable.

18. You can get the same size glass as you could with an acrylic.

19. #19 k-money, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    were now considering getting a bubbler haha. what conserves more green while still getting you f***ed up a bong or a bubbler? what is more expensive? what is more easy to clean? what is less likely to smell after i wash it

1. They're both about the same in terms of conserving weed.
    2. Bongs are usually more expensive. Mainly depends on the size of the bong.
    3. Both are relatively easy to clean. I'd probably say bubblers are easier since they tend to be smaller. ISO Alcohol+salt will clean any glass smoking device.
    4. If you clean any glass pipes will ISO Alcohol+salt, they'll usually be like new. Acrylics are much harder to clean.
    If I were you, I'd buy a small bubbler. It has the cooling effect of a bong and the portability of a pipe. And since you need to hide your shit, it's relatively smaller usually.