Think she's ready?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bcflight, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Starting to see trichomes turn amber on a few of the buds....shouldbi wait til I see on all buds/nodes? [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. It looks pretty close. I wouldn't judge the whole plant by the trichome color in one area. My tops had detectable amber from 6 weeks on. IMO it's more about the look of the whole plant. There's an excellent guide on when to chop in the harvest section. How many weeks has it been budding? 10-12 is not uncommon.

A guide on when to harvest.

Now alot of people will tell you that you should harvest based on the colour of your trichomes. But (again, in my opinion) that is far too simplistic and there are too many variables to make that an effective strategy. I've made that point a million times before and i'm not going to re-hash it here,(maybe just a bit) but rest assured there is more to the picture than just trich colour.

"A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die.

Another very important (imho) reason to let your plants mature is Terpenoid production. Terpenes are responsible for alot of the complex (And enjoyable) flavours that cannabis produces. Some of the most intense flavours are produced on the "downslope" of cannabis's life cycle. My personal experience with this first came when i was growing GH cheese. One of the plants i harvested at 8 weeks and it tasted pretty nice and had pretty dense buds. The other i grew until about 9 1/2 weeks and it had most amazing, sour, skunky, delicious taste with rock hard buds."

• Like Like x 2
  3. It's a tricky one. I don't go by the trichomes as I dont have a digital magnifier.
    General rule of thumb is as soon as the buds look like they're ready to smoke have give them another two weeks.
    That's the rule I use.
    Not very scientific but it works.
    I'd say that you're pretty close though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. way too
    long

5. Well , you think it works . Seems like a hit and miss system at best .

6. Like I said, not very scientific but it's a rough guide, more to make sure people don't harvest too early.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Finally a post where the plant is actualy harvestable. You can pull that now she's done. But you may wanna take a little leave a little and see the difference a few more days makes. The only way to know what you like is to try it