Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

think i got some contaminated buds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by randgen, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Picked up a quarter of some nugs yesterday. Some imported decent mids from denmark or holland. He had it wrapped up tight in plastic and was on the run when i picked up so I couldn't check it out first but when I got home and opened it up the buds looked and felt kind of odd. Very spongy and tight. Other buds looked worse and there was one tiny bud that looked entirely soaked with something covered with some tiny white little strings/hairs (doesnt look like mold). The smell was a bit off too. Not chemical but just a little unpleasant and unfresh.

So this morning I ran into this other guy who also dealt with these buds, he's like friends with the guy who sells it or something, and I asked him about it. He said it was probably sprayed with some kind of liquid bought at a garden or plant shop or something to make it gain weight. Why wouldn't they just fuckin spray some water on it or something:confused:

Anyways, I think I'm probably gonna just smoke it after letting it cure for a few weeks. The buds arent too bad, it smokes okay (a little harsh), and a very nice high. Just wanted to hear some opinions. Anyone run into this? What could that shit they spreyed it with be? Should I totally not smoke it?

Would post some pics but all I have is my cellphone so I can't really get macros and there's not really a point. It looks like like mids.

2. Well that's likely bullshit, but your bud sounds fine.

3. ide just do what your doing and keep curing it before smoking too much of it.

But im sure you will be fine if you smoked it all now, just really fucking high

4. ha yeah if you are in the states I doubt you got international bud (aside from Canada or Mexico)

As for people spraying the bud to gain weight I have heard of that but I never seen it myself. I doubt they would, it would be bad business. Like someone mentioned it could just not have been completely cured. Let it dry out a bit and see how it is.

5. I'm sure it's fine, I think you're just getting a bit paranoid.