Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Things you can do with Kief, Resin Stems and Seeds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DeMiNe0, Mar 29, 2011.

1. So, I'm wondering what everyone here likes to do with the left overs of weed? Things like the Kief, Stems, Seeds, Resin, ect.

I know Smoking the Kief is obvious, but I've heard other people mention that you can make hash out of rolling paper, a lighter and kief. I was wondering what other things you can do with that type of stuff.

2. 1st off...if you dont plan on growing give the seeds to someone who will....they are useless for anything else

2nd off....EDIBLES!! take anything thats schwag (schwag bud, stems, leaves etc etc) and make it into some dank ass weed butter

3. 2nd this.
    You could smoke schwag if you really wanted to, but I don't bother just because it's harsh, bone dry, often moldy around here and tastes horrible. Go with EW's suggestion, weed butter. Best way to get the most from schwag imo.
    :smoke:

4. Throw resin away.

Save stems and shake for qwiso.

Save seeds if it was from good bud that you'd like to grow.

I find it funny how people think there thread goes
    in the seasoned tokers forum.

5. actually it doesnt have to be from good bud its all how you grow it

6. Not true. Genetics are easily 50 percent of the equation.
    If you don't have good genetics, even with optimal conditions,
    your going to get a sub par product.

7. as i do have to say genetics do play a role but certainly not 50% ive grown bagseed schwag into some pretty good dank

8. Just because it was shwag doesn't mean the genetics were bad.
    Just grown in shitty conditions, not cured right, passed through a lot of hands.

Ask any of the veteran growers,
    its all in the genetics, there not so much you can do if the genetics aren't there.

9. also, i failed to mention, dont bother making hash from anything but dank, the final product can never be better than what you begin with. the same could be said for oil to a certain extent.
    i mean with oil you are making the unsmokable, smokable, but when butter can be made its just not worth it.
    the best way to get thc from unsmokable plant matter is a fat/oil/alcohol extraction.

10. ok so will schwag make some good brownies or what

11. you are probably rigth but i bougth direct from grower he sucks btw lol but i see you have enlightened me and for that i thank you

12. :laughing:

13. Kief gets smoked
    Stems get saved for hash
    Seeds get thrown out
    And resin gets thrown out without a question

14. the final product can never be better than what you begin with? i call bs on that. hash is a concentrate, meaning the cannabinoids are concentrated, making it better.

15. I throw all my left overs away...cus' I know sometime in the near future I will buy some more dank bud that is 100 times better than trying to salvage all that garbage into something decent.

although, I do enjoy making hash sometimes...but I just don't have the strength to hold onto them stems and what not.

16. Agreed, any hash made, even from schwag will always be a shit tonne better than the weed it came from. True, you can't get excellent hash from schwag, but I've made some pretty decent hash chunks from a quarter of wierd ass, pollinated weed. A little harsh because the weed wasn't cured at all, just quick dried, and was comprised of atleast 1/4 seeds, 1/4 leaf, 1/4 stem and the remaining 1/4 was loose buds. Grew some nice plants though :smoke:

17. double post. sorry

18. i have made hash with schwag. you yield 3-5 percent as opposed to 15+% with dank bud.
    a total waste
    i should have clarified i was talking quantity not quality

also hash is all trichs bro, your talkin oils i think

19. well yea obviously you'll yield less, and it won't be as good as hash made with dank, but you worded it incorrectly so we took it wrong.. and yea i guess hash isn't technically considered a concentrate, but it is to me cause it's more concentrated cannabinoids than bud.

20. right on man.
    i still stand by my previous statement, best way to get high off un-smokeables=butter!!!