Things started well, how do I maximize potential, space , temp, vent problems ..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by outyetan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Hi guys,

Things started out a little hairy for me with 8 critical clones + 5 random seeds. I was harvesting my first fuck up of a grow at the time, after fixing some mistake I'm after getting off to a great start.

Got them into a Canna Terra Pro + soil medium and despite having high EC of 0.7 for them, I got to this stage on standard regime of nutes. (10 plants making it into the veg stage)

[​IMG]

By pH'ing properly (kinda), and with my first proper extraction system helping it's been goof so far.

( FYI 4 of the random seeds seem to be a pure afghan indica :D )

Due to climate of local region EU I'm dealing with average temps of 10* (50* f) and 70% + humidity regularly.

I am going to have to fight nature not that I am more aware how humidity and temperatures effect the grow.

Question 1. Removing plants - how do i decide what to remove besides the obvious boomers of the bunch ? Am I best to cram them together and flower more plants vs remove some for more space ?

Question 2. Oil heaters - Are they advisable, cost effective, safe, how would i set up ?

(I have tried an 100 w floor heater with only a minor difference in overall temp's)

Would a setup like this be ok ?

[​IMG]

Question 3. Where will i put my dehumidifier ? Its floor standing mid range cost, 12'' x 18'' floor area.

Question 4. Would 2 x 6'' clip on fans be sufficient vs floor fan ? (would save me lots of floor space)

Question 5. Is changing extraction speeds (2) of fan a common thing to do to control the room conditions?

Thanks in advance, and if ye guys notice anything I should be doing better, please let me know.

2. so many questions :O

ive got 6 currently in, harvest in 4 weeks, my buds are coming along nicely, ladies are 6ft tall, buds are thick and hard, and a few inches in length each.

as for the conditions, heating, cooling, ventilation etc.
    all ive done is keep the temps as close to 28deg for the entire length of growth, make sure they're watered with lights.

none of this ph shit, none of this heater when lights are off crap. 22197614_275496012962438_681080132_o.jpg

growing stronger every day :)

3. So you don't know anything that helps . Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My point is your worrying about stupid shit when u dont need to worry aboiut it, just grow your plants and lewrn along the way, if you need to change something because its not right then worry about it

Pretty simple

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Is there an advanced grow thread somewhere here maybe I posted in the wrong place.

6. How old are they? how long till you flower? Have you sorted any sexes yet? I'd say they are the right size to flip into flower...you want a nice full canopy like that when you go into flower. I always wait till plants are mature before going into flower..which is usually at the 7-8 node, or about 5-7 weeks. This is also when they show sex and the nodes start to stagger.

I'd recommend lowering the speed of your exhaust fan to help trap a little more heat in. Or direct the exhaust back towards the intake.

To lower humidity you might need a small dehumidifier. oh lol I see you got one. They put out alot of heat, I'd put it outside the grow and try to direct the dry air towards the intake. I wouldn't head into flowering with too much humidity. Over 60% or so can give you budrot pretty easily. Is this out in a garage or something? you might need to insulate the room/garage around the grow better to help raise ambient temps.
    * your dehumidifier will double as a heater. Start doing some temp tests and figure out which configuration works best.

7. dude he's dealing with 50F temps and 70% humidity, that's a problem that needs to be dealt with. Being a responsible grower is trying to sort problems before they happen.

8. Cheers for the reply, I'm doing hourly checks when trying things out, so the humidifier in for the heater is something I could quickly do & gauge how many* it give me.

-- I have quite a messy grow, you seem like you are quite organized. my seed are 5 weeks and clones are 8 weeks but both entered their full pots and Veg phase at same time. I hoped this would make them even out in the canopy but also the different age and strain has led to lots of variance. (All healthy though so hopeful).

(Just flipped 12/12 ) Agreed that ok ?

Could i do this and put the dehumidifier in between (lets say a refined space (small tent ) ?

Lets say my ambient humidity is 70%, whats the easiest way to lower it in general?[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  9. yeh I think it's ok to flip to flower, better then chopping down extra plants. Keep in mind though that's less light now therefore less warmth. Also make sure you are 100% lightproofed, this is super important in flowering. They need their dark time.

easiest way to lower humidity is with a dehumidifier. Other little things can help too like covering watering containers and not leaving out any standing water in trays. Later in flower (and this is highly debated) I recommend defoliating, which is where you remove alot of older/larger fan leaves that are covering up the light to other bud sites. Removing a % of leaf matter will also help a little to lower humidity.

Put your dehumidifier where's it's gonna work best. It will be blowing out hot air and you don't want that directly hitting your plants...that would be my only worry about location.

*your plants do look super healthy btw, great job. :)