Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thing every dormitory smoker should know

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by puffpuffpasser, Apr 26, 2010.

1. just a lil backgroud first. im a college kid living in the dorms, i smoke everyday, so do my neighbors. ive never been caught, and i know the protocol for a bust as well. cops patroll the halls at night, and Hall attendants will report any pot smell ( or even heavy fabreeze smell) and then the po-po are at your door. all my neighbors have been caught at least twice, but with my methods, i've never been, nor do i plan on it. here are my techniques for smoking inside the dorms.

first off go to walmart and buy a electronic safe. Mine is a fott by a foot by six inches and it cost 30 bucks(worth every penny) if cops do get into your room, they cant search locked containers without a search warrent. store all your pieces in here, plus lighters, grinder, papers... pretty much anything that you think will get you in trouble with the law (plus its nice to have all your peices together).

while your at walmart, pick up a few bottles of fabreeze air effects. dont get a flowery scent, it easier to peg flowery smells as fabreeze than say the coconut/hazlenut flavors. if you dont want to buy a bottle of fabreeze then you can pop a bag of popcorn.

next you need a mute, or a sploof whatevern you call em. i like to use mustard bottles because its opaque and you cant tell if its a mute or not. stuff it with dryer sheets NOT PAPER TOWELS!!!. paper towels wont do shit.
    make sure to keep your mute in your lock box, because these are considered paraphernalia.

Then towel your door. roll up a towel, put it on the crack. make sure you roll it up cause our floor attendant has been known to report rooms that have towels sticking out under from under the door. just roll it into a towel log and press it against the crack under the door.

next you need a way to put out your bowls. i use a glass push rod. its about 2 inches long and has a flat glass disc on one end like a nail head. this head can fit in almost all of my bowls and will put out any ember, and they cost about a buck or two at a decent headshop. a cheaper at home way would be to roll up a clean sock and cover the bowl completely. MAKE SURE YOU PUT OUT THE ENTIRE EMBER. you don't want any smoke coming off your bowl after the ember is completely out, completely clear your pipe with you carb.

breath out through mute and make sure that you don't accidentally exhale through your nose. then spray your fabreeze into the smoke cloud thats came out your sploof. at this point your room should smell like fabric fresheer and a little fabreeze. Any and all smoke needs to go through the mute or get sprayed immediatly with fabreeze.

and finally:
    if you dont follow these steps and the cops are knocking on your door, dont open it. just stay quiet and wait for them to leave. they cant enter your dorm room without your consent unless they have a warrent, but hardly ever will they get a warrent before going to your room. once they leave wait about 5 mins, then send somebody with nothing on them to check out the hall. then take your convienient carrying case and move all parephanalia from the room. get everything out cause they can and will come back with a warrent, anywhere from twenty mins to four days later, depending on the time. also try to avoid smoking before about 7 oclock because they can sometime call in a warrent and just stay at the door. after seven every judge is usually home and hard to get ahold of.

dont play loud music or talk loudly, if they can hear the word pipe or weed or anything like that, it gives them reasonable doubt. and that will result in a warrent.

these steps can be used everywhere from at home with parents to in your garage with your wife not finding out.

hope this helps all those peeps who are considering quitting so you dont get caught. :smoking:

2. You could just forgo all of this and not smoke in your dorm. I live in a dorm and I just go outside, there's like 4 different locations within > a 5 minute walk from my dorm that I can go to. It's really not that big an issue if you want to make sure not to get caught.

3. ive been using these steps since i was 14 in my parents house, its like a ritual now. never once was i caught when i did these things. the popcorn is a good idea i did that after making cannibutter one day. it worked perfectly:D

4. It can be pretty inconvenient if you are a regular toker and/or it is cold outside.

If I had to go outside to smoke during the winter, I'd probably just quit!

5. basically the same thing, when i was 15-17 i would smoke in my bathroom with the shower on when my parents were home. i was just careful to not leak any smoke into the room (extinguish embers with a lighter, clear piece completly, blow all smoke out the window). only downside was my parents occasionally gave me shit cause they thought i was jerking off a shit load cause i took two hella long showers everyday

6. "Don't worry Mom and Dad, I'm not masturbating excessively. I'm smoking pot! :D"

7. Hey as a current college student this is exactly how I stayed out of trouble, until I bought a vaporizer:smoking: then the smell is much less noticable and it doesn't linger like combustion does. Simply opening up the window during a vape session is usually plenty enough. If shit ever hits the fan thought, keep around microwave popcorn. Covers the smell of vapor perfectly.

8. haha, that conversation actually happened a couple days after i turned 18

9. Can't they just ask the owner/whoever is in charge of the dorm the autorisation?

10. Beautiful. Hah!:laughing:

11. I do not believe so. It is essentially just another apartment complex. You live in the apartment and no one can enter without your permission/a search warrant. Not even the "owner" of the building; i.e. the college housing department.

12. Dude, no fan? We always did the towel at the door and a fan blowing out the window to blow hits into. If it's light enough in the room you can see the smoke pretty easily and ensure it's all going out.

To check to see if airflow is good, hold a lighter up at the crack of the door, and make sure the flame blows into the room and doesn't get sucked into the crack of the door.

If it's really windy, block off the rest of the window (where the fan isn't), and tape off other seams of the door, and check for airflow. The goal is negative airflow--you want a general flow of air coming in from the hall, out through the window. This means that any excess smoke that doesn't make it outside the building is unlikely to drift into the hall toward your neighbors and RA's.

But best is just to find a chill spot to smoke outside... shouldn't be hard to do on a college campus. Best part is that campus police are always in cars, rarely on foot, so me and my friends would always just blaze essentially out in the open on the lawns, not even worrying about campo. They're unlikely to notice a joint versus a cigarette in the first place, and if they did, they'd have to park somewhere, which gives you time to book it outta there.

Plus it's way nicer smoking outside IMO, and you can do solar hits! :) :smoking:

13. I don't think that is completely true, I mean we don't have cops walking down the halls of our residence (strict place you must live) but we have housekeeping service here and the maids come in and clean the kitchen and bathroom and all that every two weeks. They usually come early so i just stay in bed when they knock and they use their key to come vacuum and etc.

As well as over the christmas holidays and summer holidays they do room inspections with dogs (you can easily avoid the dog thing though by saying you are allergic)

So I don't think they need a search warrant to enter your room.

I mean I smoke daily and all I do is toss a blanket at the base of my door lol. So I wouldn't bank on them requiring a search warrant to enter a college residence dorm room

14. Yeah, it was kind of a bitch when it started getting cold, but I either just bundled up and/or went to car and cruised around.

15. am i missing something here? i smoke in my parents house everynight, i just simple open my window, go next to it, and blow the smoke right out the window. i dont even close the door all the way. i used to turn on the fan afterwards, but now i dont even do that, and the smell is gone pretty quickly. the only times ive been caught in my room were when i got cocky and started just blowing smoke in the direction of the window itnstead of right out, and when i got unlucky and my mom basically walked in on me blazing.

16. id say having a fan is important as well

17. I'll second this. The only way I've ever smoked in a dorm room is with my friend's volcano. Actually, that's a lie, I did use a one hitter in the bathroom with a spoof and febreeze a couple of times, but I'm not the biggest fan of that. Vaporizer is definitely the way to go if you wanna get blazed in your dorm.