Thin Stems and Mother Fing Squirrels

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Muncheese, Jul 23, 2006.

1. I did the whole 2 weeks under 160 watts of white flourescent lighting while the seeds grew into seedlings. The stems were pretty thin, I don't know if I had them close enough to the light even though they were only a few inches away. It seems they grew much better when only an inch or so away from the lights.

They are outdoors now, I think all 3 are females, but I am getting a magnifying glass tomorrow to check. I can see the little hair things on two of them, but the third could be little balls or the little hair things.

Anyway, they are growing really well now that they are outside in the sun, and the weight of the leaves growing makes them bend over since the stem seems small. I used sticks and twine to tack them upright, but while the tops of the stems are nice and thick now, the bottom under the twine is still thin like it was before. Is this because there is no weight on the stem so it doesn't grow at all? I've been using that 24-8-16 mixture of miracle grow every week or so to water them, plus regular water in between if they need it.

Also, I found holes dug in two of the pots, squirrels are always digging around here. What can I do to keep them away from the plants? I'm talking about mothballs or something like that to keep them from digging stuff up. Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. i would take the sticks out...,when there young you want the wind to assist you..its streeses the plants and helps them grow thick.. or if there indoors.. the you need to get at least on big fan on them ... :)

as for the squirrels.. i shoot would the fuckers that will keep them away....

3. I also want to shoot the squirrels but there are all kinds of "no firearms discharge" laws around here and I don't think any of my pellet guns will kill them. If I take the sticks out, the plants will fall over again.

4. try a black widow catapult...very effective,,.. thay come with ball bearings.. also with tracer ones for night.. there floresant... you'll find them online.. for about £8.... $16 ? or there abouts..

5. Oh yeah, a slingshot would work pretty good I guess.

6. From the U.S. Army Survival Guide:

A squirrel pole is a long pole placed against a tree in an area showing a lot of squirrel activity (Figure 8-8). Place several wire nooses along the top and sides of the pole so that a squirrel trying to go up or down the pole will have to pass through one or more of them. Position the nooses (5 to 6 centimeters in diameter) about 2.5 centimeters off the pole. Place the top and bottom wire nooses 45 centimeters from the top and bottom of the pole to prevent the squirrel from getting its feet on a solid surface. If this happens, the squirrel will chew through the wire. Squirrels are naturally curious. After an initial period of caution, they will try to go up or down the pole and will get caught in a noose. The struggling animal will soon fall from the pole and strangle. Other squirrels will soon follow and, in this way, you can catch several squirrels. You can emplace multiple poles to increase the catch.

Attached Files:

7. hello,
    You can buy a pellet gun powerfull enough to blow a hole through them bastards
    (if those other methods dont work) another idea is to go to a hardware store and buy
    "have-a-heart" i believe. its a metal trap that does not kill the animal.

as for your skinny stem i would bury it down with dirt, for some reason no matter how close i am too my sufficient light, they still tend too stretch a bit, little bit of dirt will fix that.

peace
    -dirty

8. i like that fucking pole thing...i thought i as one of those "dont harm the furry creature's" but its.,not its sick.. "" does it work on rats and children.. ?

9. Mousetraps? big ones !!! :D:D

How about air rifles? Don't need lisences for them.... here in NZ anyway,..

10. Yeah, I ended up just adding a few inches of dirt to the pot. Thanks for the help. :)