Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thick joints or thin??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 123andabc, Mar 10, 2009.

1. An old friend used to roll her joints really thin, she said that's the best way... But in all the good joint-rolling tutorials and pics online those joints look pretty fat and are packed with a lot of weed. And it seems a lot easier to roll a fat joint!

So does the thickness of the joint make a difference in the smoking experience? and is it wasteful to make joints too thick? (can't waste a speck of weed, I'm broke!) What do you all think??

2. Well, the ratio of weed to paper is obviously better with fat joints...They probably hit better too because of the wideness...it's easier to suck through a straw than a cocktail stirrer

3. some people say that thin joints burn more evenly, but i always stick to my fatties. i guess it also depends on, if you're smoking a personal j, how much ganj you want to smoke. or if you're smoking with a bunch of other people.

i also think that fat cones are way easier to roll than thin toothpicks. the more the merrier anyways, right?

4. I rolled a thin but long joint last night for myself, it had less then two bong packs in it, but I was pretty toasty last night. i also have a joint raw joint roller so I can roll with ease

5. #5 doubled0218, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    Smoking a joint is my favorite but wasteful. Every second that you aren't hitting it, all that smoke is just dissipating into the air. Most people who enjoy Js just sacrifice or counter the wasted smoke by hotboxing a room/car so they inhale allof the smoke.

With that being said, wasteful + broke don't mix so I don't think you'll be rolling fat joints too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 Old School Smoker, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    Thin joints suck and wont get you high. Minimum for a joint is half a gram. I will roll blunts if there are like 10+ people in the sesh.

If you want to conserve, take a t break, buy a gram of dank and a 1 hitter. Force yourself to enjoy 3 hit highs and the gram may last you up to 3 days. Good luck.

7. A fat cone shaped joint is what I like the most

8. You have to take personal preference and tolerance into the equation. Thin joints will get you high, despite what @[member="Old School Smoker"] says, if your tolerance is low. Fatter joints obviously hold more weed, and are more suited for people with higher tolerances.

You also have to take how well the joints are rolled - I'd take a very well rolled thin joint over a sloppy, loose fat joint any day.

9. I would do thin, you can control your intake more so that way, easier to light up a second thin joint that putting out half a fatty. I find you can control your tolerance build up if you commit to smoking smaller amounts as well.