they stole my bowl :(

Discussion in 'General' started by abls000, Jan 7, 2010.

1. someone(s) broke into my house today, they got away with my xbox, all my games (i just bought MW2), a handful of my mom's jewelry. And my brand new glass bowl that i bought at Killington Vermont (great slopes), it was a souvenir. im not sure how i should handle this, im glad they got away with relatively little in money terms, but they took my bowl! i had just cleaned it, and was looking forward to getting it as dirty as possible. and now its gone, like a piece of me ripped right out. this hollow feeling and slight rage of knowing someone was in my room, without my permission. whats an appropriate response, sadness? anger? i cant get even because ill never catch the guy, and i cant put "glass pipe" on the insurance claim, and even if we get money we are most likely going to spend it on a security system. not more paraphernalia (or xboxs' for that matter). and whats even more baffling is that they didn't take any of my guitars (5 of them), my laptop, or any of the tvs, wtf?

thanks for reading

:(

2. That really sucks man, I'm sorry :(

Any idea who did it? Someone you have problems with?

It's possible it's someone you know, of course. Was your bowl out in the open or was it stashed away?

3. #3 abls000, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    ive got a few suspects, but i cant prove anything, so im kinda past the vendetta stage. i think this was random, theres been a few break ins in the area, only cars at night though. they didnt break in, a door was unlocked we think. but god help me if i get my hands on him.

i dont think it was anyone i know, i dont hold/sell/grow weed, i usually only have like less than a 1/4 at any given time, so i dont think it was about that. but i had just smoked the last of my bud when i left my bowl out (suck for him haha).

4. The reason I ask if it's someone you know, maybe they were specifically after certain items of yours.

If I was a thief, I think I would want to take the more expensive items like the TVs or the laptop, maybe the guitars so I could sell them and make some decent money.

I wouldn't take an xbox, some videogames, some jewelery and a bowl, those items wouldn't garner much money on the black market or whatever; at least compared to a TV or a laptop.

5. those bastards

6. #6 abls000, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    exactly, but they walked right past the bar stocked with booze, and the pipe was only worth $45. they also went under my mattress, into my "spare string box" and my piggy bank, nothing worth taking in any of those places. they left lights on all over the house, they had no idea what they were doing. if they knew what i had, then they probably would know that they're better off taking the laptop and a guitar or two.

7. Awww thats really very bad and i am really sorry for this, but its good that you are alright, everything will be back. Just chill man.

8. It's usually someone you know.

Definitely sounds like someone underage and/or inexperienced.

9. thats sucks man i feel for you dude, Now i'm a buckets guy but i've had my bowl break in my bag and been stolen at a party on diffrent occasions...you use one for long enough and its sad seein it go:( the other shit you lost is brutal too though

10. loooool so true. definatly someone who knows who drives wat car, and when everyone is out. definatly creepy that they know more about u then, you do about them.

who could of did some crazy shit in there.. picked up handfulls of your moms panties and smelled them. tons of shit

you guys change the locks and shit? setup a camera with a light sensor outside. get a dog. fuck a bitch
    [​IMG]

11. To keep my post short. It would of been ALLOT more painful if you knew exactly who did it.... because you probably still can't do shit about it and prove they did it.

12. thanks for that, thats a really really good point