They can cure AIDS but can't

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Xenzin, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Pretty sure you all are already aware that we've found a baby born with the cure to AIDS, yet we are still using condoms!! How come there isn't a pill I can take that allows me to be "worry free" as a man?

2. If you think it's possible the girl you're about to lay has AIDS, you should be wearing a condom anyway

3. They didn't find a baby with the cure to AIDS, they found a "functional cure" for an infant with HIV.

When they invent vaccines for every STI/STD, then maybe you can stop worrying about using condoms (unless you're anti-vaccine). ;)

4. #4 Xenzin, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
    Well, we could always get what ever Magic Johnson got but that's not the point.
    Besides my personal promiscuity, the ability as a man to just take a pill every day til I plan on having kids just sounds tits to me.

[ Edit]
    Btw feel free to debate with Dr. Edward Green, the Director of the AIDS Prevention Research Project at the Harvard School of Public Health and Center for Population and Development Studies about how effective condoms are.

5. Thing about Magic Johnson is he could afford all this expensive medical care that really extends his expected lifespan with AIDS. They didn't cure his AIDS, they're just helping him manage it very expensively.

6. HIV and AIDS are both lies. If u ask them what they actually are, no one knows the right answer, all they can tell u, is that it damages your immune system, making you more vulnerable to diseases... the only thing that will kill u, are the medicine they give u if u should think u have HIV.

7. I would like to hear more about this. Any links or sources?

8. Or maybe just not bang her in the first place?

9. What in the actual fuck?

I hope for your sake that this is a joke.

10. #11 Cruizer, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Yeah, I'm not going to trust medical advice given from someone who says 'u' instead of 'you'.

It's an autoimmune disease, AIDS (Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) which is brought on by HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) which is passed through a variety of bodily fluids. It's not this disease that actually kills you, but a multitude of other infections/viruses/diseases that the body is then unable to fight off due to the disabling of a number of cells in the immune system.

Who's 'them' too? Doctors? Medical professionals? Pharmacologists? Scientists? Who all seem to agree and have a general consensus that HIV and AIDS exist but I'm supposed to believe you, a guy who can't even use correct grammar on the Internet? :rolleyes:

Not everything's a fucking conspiracy theory.

Edit: Should probably respond to the actual nature of the thread. Cures are incredibly hard to create for general consumption. There has to be numerous drug testings (with signed waivers) to decide if a certain drug is fit for populations or not. Even if they found a baby with a certain resistance to AIDS it would mean they'd have to isolate what it is in the baby that was actually fighting it.

Then they'd have to figure out a way to replicate that certain DNA (or whatever biological substance it is) which isn't an easy process, it's not as simple as pressing a button on a computer and BAM you have cures everywhere.

If they just chopped it out, made it and gave it to everyone there can be huge ramifications for such actions. I heard of a substance used for morning sickness in women (an effective treatment) but it's very closely related levorotary molecule (people at the time didn't know this) was one that caused birth deformities in children. This happened in the 1950s and the dextrorotary molecule (opposite, but closely related to levorotary) has been re-introduced with even more care. That's where rushing this process will get us.

11. Who gives a flying fuck if i write u instead of you? thats your problem if you dont like it.

12. why hope? would u prefer HIV and AIDS to be real instead of it being non-existent ? wow!

13. #14 Cruizer, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    Not quite, you're trying to make points and if you plan for your opinion to reach the maximum number of people taking it seriously then it is your problem. I'd suggest brushing up on English. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes, but I don't make mistakes just because it's 'easier'. It will also become a problem when you're writing up a resume and are unable to spell basic words. That goes for any document you might want to give to your boss in a job, any letter/email you want to write to someone.

You remind me of a bunch of kids I knew (including my best friend) who didn't think that English was important at all and that they could do it if they chose to do it. Now they can't, it's a skill that takes constant refinement and practise to be able to do correctly and to a high degree of accuracy.

P.S. I can probably type faster than you like this so it's not really even an excuse that it's quicker.

Edit: I may as well answer the actual question: Your boss, any school you hope to join, any university you hope to join, your doctor, your lawyer, the post office, your partner, your kids, your clients, your peers, your parents and most importantly random strangers on the Internet who enjoy judging you for your shortcomings.

Does this problem really lie with me?

14. Cruizer said just about everything I wanted to say, and considering your reply to him was one line that didn't even address what you were talking about, I don't think I'm going to even waste my energy coming up with a response to this question.

On a completely unrelated note, I wish neg rep still existed. So bad.

15. the Govt.(illuminati(LOL)) needs these terminal illnesses as population control. ciggarettes are still legal too. population control.

16. If cigarettes being legal is a form of population control, why don't they start lowering cigarette prices instead of piling on more taxes every chance they get? :confused_2:

Seems a bit counter productive.

Then again, so does researching a cure for HIV.

17. Don't worry, he's probably the same kind of guy that thinks vaccinations are for population control :laughing:

Remember, the government wants to kill you

18. how would this pill work? sterilization? no man in his right mind would take it.

19. Lol, come on now, why y'all giving him a hard time? Hi JD.;)

So you're telling me that people don't continue paying these crazy prices? How is that counter productive if people still buy the cigarettes even though the cost is through the roof?

So you think that being able to attribute over 500,000 deaths a year isn't controlling the population? How so?

Do you smoke cigarettes JD? Do you know how much they've gone up in the last 5 years? :D