they aren't ALL bad

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by alteredone, Jul 21, 2010.

1. being an iron maiden fan for the last 26 years forced me to buy tickets to the final show of their u.s. tour which took place last night in d.c.. 8:30am...after eating breakfast we set out on the 7 hr drive to see something we've only spoke of for what seems like forever. all is going fine for the 1st 2 hrs of our journey, we are smoking on a 1/2 of mids with not a leo to be seen. just before 11am we pass a fairly large city, and as the concrete center jungle is now just hills and trees, it seems you can see how hard some of these area's have been hit during this recession. every 10 miles or so there was either a trooper, sheriff, or town leo sitting on the side of the highway waiting for some poor schmuck to wander by. well, i happened to be one of those schmuck's. i was yanked for doing 70 in a 65 :confused:.

knowing we had finished a bowl less than 10 minutes before we saw the 3 lil pigs, my heart skipped a beat (my DL is suspended in my home state :devious:, but no where else :p). doing 70 with a pack of 5-6 cars you'd think picking one out to give a ticket to would be difficult but apparently it isn't. my bowl is sitting in between my legs as i keep checking the rear view to see if they pull out...shit he did. i pull to the slow lane and just ride hoping he passes me by for the leader of the pack, the bowl still in my lap (i was ready for another). he's weaving in and out of traffic looking for a car to pull, then settles in behind me :mad:. SHIT!!!

so i'm starting to get REAL fucking nervous thinking of where i can toss my bowl (2 months before i had gotten a simple possession in the same state because i didn't make the toss under my seat). this time i made it under the seat, and with a quick shot of my blunt spray i pull to the side of the road. he walks up and asks for all my paperwork to which i reply "i don't have it." i tell him my situation and he tells me to have a seat in the back of his car (no cuffs). we start talking and i'm trying to explain where we are going (and lying), but explaining my financial and personal situations fairly truthfully in an effort to garner some sympathy even though i know i'm fucked. for some reason most cops don't listen and write me up regardless of the matter, maybe it's the way i dress or look, i don't know but it sucks.

i'm sitting in the back of the car being asked all of my info and i'm starting to get mad because i know this is going to cost me, again...and this time even more! being a 2nd offense, it probably wasn't going to be pretty. the cop gets out and asks my buddy (who's still in my car) to look for my paper work. my bag was in the center console in plain view. i'm shitting my pants in the back of the cops car thinking to myself..."don't open it, don't open it!" he opened it...:( he comes back a minute later says, "well he found a bunch of papers but no registration." while we are doing this a k-9 unit pulls up, dogs gets out and is walked around the car. i'm thinking wtf? i never gave consent to search.

it dawns on me the cop doesn't need it outside of the car :mad:. fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck! is all i can say to myself. "well," he says, "the dog hit on the car, if you tell me what all you have in the car and where this might not take too long." knowing i'm fucked i spill the beans. "there's about a 1/4 and a bowl in the center console." he says, "ok," then gets out to tell the other leo's what's up. they start to search my car high and low, picking at he roof's liner, dashboard, all the little spots of storage, under the seats, my center console, you name it they checked.

i'm still in the back of the cop car when a leo pulls out my pipe and puts it on the roof. no baggie? wtf? :eek: a minute later he finishes printing out something from his on board pc...awesome...tickets :mad:. he comes around and opens the door and lets me out. we walk to the front of the car and he says, "here's your warning for speeding, you know what to do with that right?" as he looks at the bowl still sitting on my roof. i say, "are you serious?" he says, "we aren't all bad, have a nice day." i'm still high, dumbfounded, and relieved that i ask one small question before doing what i think he's implying. i say, "chuck it?" instead of answering he just turns his back and as he does i grab and throw it as hard as i can into the woods along the road and hop my lucky ass back into the car.

relieved i had only gotten a warning and just lost my shit, i say to my buddy well at least we still get to see the show. he starts laughing, i'm like yeah this sucks, now we have a 12hr drive left, a 6 hr concert, and nothing to keep me sane. he's still giggling as he opens the center console and under an iron maiden CD sits my bag of weed! he says, "i got you man, i was hoping they didn't see it and when they pulled the bowl out with no bag i couldn't help but think YOU FORGOT THE POT, but i didn't wanna say anything."

needless to say, once we left that county we were in a convenient store buying a blunt, and then some papers. it's a day later, and i'm still smoking on that almost ill fated bag and i got to witness the BEST FUCKING SHOW i have seen in my life and i have seen some fucking legends.:hello:

i guess they aren't ALL bad after all....

Attached Files:

2. Some cops are cool. Most cops are dickheads.

You got lucky. It's good to see you made it out alright :)

3. That was a nice story. :')

4. thats fuckin cool dude im happy for ya

5. your a lucky bastard that's all i'll say. i wish i was born a decade or two ago so i could see all my favorite bands back in their day.

6. yes i was a lucky mother fucker yesterday...the metal gods were looking out, and so was my friend. i'm not sure if they missed it or just didn't care, either way i didn't mind being out a $30 glass piece. the alternatives weren't pretty.

yes these types of guys are few and far between, and they are the ones that reinforce my belief that they are there to do some good.

zr-01....in the last 5 years i've seen so many of my childhood hero's perform it's not even funny. keep a look out and you'd be surprised who's still playing.

7. o man i keep my eye out but not many bands tour in the treasure valley of idaho (i.e. hicktown) i do get to see brett michaels play at a festival in a week or so though:wave:

8. Story is cool but iron maiden kicks fucking ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9. Haha niiiiccee!!! I saw maiden 2 nights ago in Tinely Park! :metal:

10. Dude that is one awesome cop, sick story! I'm surprised they checked everywhere BUT under a simple cd haha.

11. i know, it was sweet. like i said i don't know if they missed it or ignored it, but i think they missed it. my console isn't really flat on the bottom and the way everything sat it looked like the cd was on the bottom with some misc. papers on top. i think they just moved the papers, not the cd. i'm real glad the dog didn't get in the car, although the blunt spray might have messed with em, and we had our backseat filled with food. i dunno why, but i know i just smoked another bowl out of the bag they missed :p

they sounded great from what i could tell....being front and center you don't get to hear everything, but the view was fucking incredible! at the end of the show bruce pulled off his beanie, wrung it out, spun it around, flinging sweat all over everything (including me). i remember thinking that was fucking gross, but it was also one of the most exciting experiences i've ever had.