TheSmokeyTurtle's First Outdoor Grow (KB)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by thesmokeyturtle, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Hey everyone. This is my first solo outdoor grow (I'm helping my girlfriend grow also but that's in another state) since I'm back from college for a 100 day summer and live in a very secluded, wooded area. I just finished germinating 17 seeds from some really good KB I had a while ago, and they're going in their own cups today with an organic soil mixture that has good nitrogen levels. I can't wait until these little girls sprout because there is no greater joy than watching little seeds turn into beautiful plants that offer such a reward.

Here are the gals I just finished germinating over a 3 day period. :smoke:

[​IMG]

EDIT: VERY INTERESTING. 17 SEEDS SHOWN ON MY 17TH POST!!! MUST BE GOOD LUCK!

2. DAY 1

I'm currently using Miracle Grow Organic Potting Mix because I'm on a very low budget for growing supplies at the moment so I couldn't afford to buy very expensive soil. I also can't order growing supplies online because that would probably be a nice little hint to my parents that I'm growing some greenery. But it's made with organic compounds and it has high nitrogen levels so I think it will work for the moment.

My seeds are going in styrofoam cups, which I am leaving outside and I have my water source and spray bottle which I will also be leaving at the spot (well hidden). The little bag contains the seeds that were germinating.

[​IMG]

This is what my spot looks like. One side of it has a natural barrier made by a fallen tree and the other two sides I've created barriers for. It's pretty far down in my woods, and my parents don't go in my woods anyway, so as long as I'm careful about it, I'll be fine.

[​IMG]

You really can't see anything until you're right up on it.

[​IMG]

Here are all the plants lined up. I gave them all female names, mostly after close friends, but gave two of the plants boy names after two gay friends lol. They'd appreciate it since they're my regular smoking buddies too. From the back, left to right, the names are:

Brittany
    Lucy
    Alice
    Zissou
    Katie
    Bridget
    Molly
    Mary Jane
    Janice
    Alonna
    Queen Elizabeth
    Frida
    Ive
    Maggie May
    John
    Clinton
    Mother Nature

[​IMG]

Here's the natural barrier I made on one side to keep the deer out. I'm also going to add a bunch of dog hair around the area and spray animal repellent on the trees and ground closeby.

[​IMG]

The broken tree roots make a great place for me to store my water and spray bottle.

[​IMG]

I'll let you know as soon as they sprout. Keep in touch and send some good vibrations to my plants pleaseeee. :smoke:

3. DAY 2

I checked on my plants earlier today and so far, none of them have sprouted. I'm not surprised because it's been less than 24 hours since I planted them. I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks so I plan on watering them a lot immediately before I leave and then as soon as I get back. But I can't wait to see their progress when I return because I know they'll definitely start growing before that.

I moved that plywood to the other side of the plot with the stick barrier just so I could have one side of it totally covered. It's not to visible from my side anyway, but I'm going to put a ton of brush on the sides of it anyway.

I can't wait until they sprout, which should be soon since I germinated them correctly. Please send good vibes to my plants! Thanks :D

4. good grow cant wait to see how they turn out, make me wish i had planted mine in cups first, bugs are killing mine i think

5. Are there lots of holes in them? Could be spider mites. There should be a spray for that. It's on my list of purchases in the near future.

6. DAY 3

Well my seeds haven't even been in the soil for 3 whole days but 3 have already sprouted. Another number synchronization with my grow! How odd!

I really wish I had a better camera to work with. This one is terrible for macro shots. Ivy, Lucy, and Mother Nature have sprouted so wish the girls luck :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully I'll have some more sprouts tomorrow. We had a nice gentle rain today so I hope the sun comes out tomorrow so my girls can soak it in. :D

7. DAY 4

Guess what? All of the plants sprouted except for Katie, Bridget, and Alonna! :hello:I'm sure they will tomorrow though (hopefully). Here's some pics of the new plants that have joined the "above soil" community. Grow grow grow!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm excited to see how big they will get before I go on vacation :hello:

8. Ill hope to stop by from time to time to check out your grow, good luck bro!

9. Thanks. Cool avatar btw. :D

10. Awhh! Look at the little sprouts!

My second favorite part of growing.. :smoke:

Well, I'm sub'd, and looking forward to a nice grow.. :)

-grey.

11. Yea it's really nice to see them break soil. Thanks for watching my grow. I'll post more pics today. (Good job being a Dead fan too)

12. DAY 5

Hola everyone. I got up early to water all my plants and I saw that Alonna has sprouted! I'm so proud of her :D Katie and Bridget haven't sprouted yet, but I'm still rooting for them. All of the other plants look like they're doing well. Brittany had a white spot on her, probably from a bug, but I'm not too worried about it at the moment. Everything else looks totally stellarrrrrrrrr. :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good vibes. Good vibes. :smoking:

13. Whoa they stretched out a bit! :eek:

14. Yea, I was surprised how much they grew in a day.

15. DAY 6

I just checked on the plants and it seems like they're getting a lot taller every day. :D Katie hasn't sprouted yet, but Bridget is about to. I see her poking out of the soil a bit. Also, Alonna isn't yellow anymore, like she was when she first broke soil :hello: I wish I could blaze to celebrate their growth, but unfortunately, I cannot. Too bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. DAY 7

Well there was a pretty fierce rainstorm last night and the cups are all coated with mud and some of the plants aren't looking so great today. Zissou is completely missing one of her new leaves and one of Molly's original leaves is looking pretty dead. Bridget sprouted though :hello: Hopefully katie does too. I'm still pulling for her. Also, now that the cups are all muddy, I figure they are better camouflaged in the woods :D Hopefully when the some comes out they'll all perk up a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Nice plot/start bro. They will recover, jus got roughed up a bit and over watered. Make mini splints out of sticks or w/e and stand them up properly, another technique you can use is just compacting the soil a bit with your fingers around the stem - setting them at the correct angle, straight up. It seems they are stretching a bit and i'm thinking it's a lack of direct sunlight. How much are they getting daily?

18. They are stretching a bit, but they're getting about 5-6 hours daily. It's just been very cloudy and stormy here for a while, so they haven't gotten a ton of sun recently. I checked the weather forecast and the next few days should be extremely sunny, so I'm hoping they start to expand a bit more then. :D

Thanks for the advice. I'll work on them when I go out to check tomorrow.

19. Well it turns out that my plants aren't looking all that good. I also realized that they are definitely not getting as much sun as they really need, and that's probably why they're stretching so much. I'm pretty bummed, but moved them to a sunnier spot, hoping that they will perk up soon. Send good vibes my way please. :(

20. this will be a fun grow to watch. your harem of ladies and 2 gay friends should keep you busy this summer. good luck and happy growing