Thesis of consciousness in three sentences

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Nov 25, 2008.

1. #1 bkadoctaj, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
    How do you know that a plant's form of life isn't just that it can return to its natural state virtually instantly after being moved by an external object?

Maybe that's proof of a consciousness, or a connection of cells through electronic language (similar to binary code language) that humans recognize in themselves as their spiritual side.

Tell me if I'm not just super high right now (managed to have a roll, Vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid, some Sour Diesel mixed with DMT crystal) and that doesn't make sense.

Basically, I'm in the middle of a very serious spiritual trip right now, and it involves all you people reading this on Grasscity.

2. how do you know that a persons form of life isnt just that it can return to its natural state after being removed by an external (ohysical or spiritual) object or force? What were we before we were born? Isn't that what we'll be after we die? and what is "that" ? will it be nothing? is there a nothiing?

3. Absolutely right. Good extension. We are theoretically more evolved as animals.

Do you remember what time and space was like before it had the concept of you in it?

After we die, are "we" still a "we"?

I suppose it would be better intended as "such that". Sorry about that.

There's a word for nothing, right? That's not really nothing.

4. well, if we are the same when we are dead, as we were before we were born, and we are only a "we" while present on this planet in our physical and alive form, than could it be assumed that there is a "nothing" before and after death.

5. is it possible our energy becomes potential consciousness? perhaps this is not the first time two sets of dna merged and in doing so created an antenna to receive a specific frequency.

perhaps everyone is an independent entity throughout infinity just waiting to come back when things fall into place.

i just confused myself:p

6. There is Nothingness now. The Universe is "filled" with "space".

7. #7 bkadoctaj, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
    No way...

Continue please. :) Where are your thoughts going?

8. towards the beginning. my parents. it made my thoughts much more complicated because i had to deal with something finite, or define a starting point for everything. things are much easier when you can assume infinity. i'm thinking that our physical bodies are the hardware that allows a non-physical entity the chance to exist when the vibrations are compatible. it's hard to imagine in a finite sense.

i often feel that this is not the first time i've loved my significant other. our journey has been a struggle but i believe the addition of our bonded energies to everything has added weight to the side of positivity.

personally i have been made to confront everything about reality that i've grown to find uncomfortable to think about. i've learned many lessons and doubt i will make the same mistakes again. through the darkness we have both found immeasurable light. i have certainly made mistakes but i believe i've made progress and if it happens again, it will be a little easier.

i suppose the idea is that we are all god like entities just floating about infinity waiting for our chances at possibility. perhaps earth is a rare chance to revel in a physical body.

i am of the opinion that the human existence, i suppose existence itself is about the balacing of light and dark. you can be consumed by the darkness but if you choose to and make the effort to let in the light, it's all up hill to a beautiful place from there.

who knows. perhaps the darkness is an illusion and there are infinite chances at becoming the light.

i feel i've strayed away from whatever it was i was talking about..oh well, it felt good.:)

9. i'm sure with all those substances in your system, boundaries were dissolved, and if u consider that the relevence of the word consciousness, in its boundless state, reaches very far indeed. to plants, to even the nuances of energy sprialing and bobing.

10. you just blew my fuckin mind.

no seriously though, that's an awesome iteration about the plants....

11. what if plants are where the rest of consciousness resides, and the global population increase relates to the mass deforestation. i suppose it would anyway:p

12. what do you mean by "we" or "me"?

are "you" the biological being sitting behind a computer screen, or are you that first-person perspective that we always seem to associate ourselves with naturally because of our binocular vision :eek:

13. Are you and I the same? If you were I and I were you, would we be the same?

14. I-I/You-You. I-You/You-I. It's both You and I for eternity. There is no You without an I and no I without a You.

15. You know, I know You are right.

Sevgiolam sen.

16. I am trying to learn about Kashmir Saivism, and I am struggling with the concepts of you/I and this/that, so I'm not fully sure I understand. But I do like recognizing that I only know who I am because I know I am not You.

I like the mirror example though: if I am a mirror and You are a mirror, at what point do we see each other?

Edit: PS - what is Sevgiolam sen?

17. Pupils would be best. Since minds cannot touch, they only feel through senses, which may be confused and aged.

P.S. Love of the Universe ~ you

18. Reminds me of śakti.

19. You guys are wayyyy ahead of me, ahhh I still got plenty of time to experience. :)