thermal imaging

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RG3K, Apr 16, 2013.

1. What kinda threshold do you have to break before lighting looks suspicious in a grow house. If you desperate the heat evenly in the house can the police still detect anything. Coral reef tanks use 400-1k wattage. I've heard of ppl say in u can do up to 2k watts before cops start lookin in

2. Haha I've heard 10,000 plus before it can be detected by thermal imaging.. I put cardboard over the windows in my room then 2 layers of Mylar.. They sell (sunleaves) a Mylar that is supposed to block IRI saw it in one of my catalogs.

3. The police can't use thermal imaging to find grow rooms. Unlawful search and seizure. Supreme court decided on this.

If they are using a heat detection camera on your house you can be sure they have other reasons to be investigation you.

Concentrate on the things that really get people busted: DONT TELL ANY-ONE. Take care of the smell and dont throw grow related trash out with regular trash.

4. I don't have a problem with not telling anyone or smell/trash I just wasn't sure if they could detect it with a machine from outside the house

5. Its called Flir it cant see through anything but it can see heat so they look for out of place EXTREME heat also if you are venting heat they can see that check this video
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJHDLNCRzc]NEVER GET RAIDED FULL DVD - YouTube[/ame]
    it will answer most security questions coming from an ex dea agent
    +Rep if it helps :)

6. Your an ex dea agent

7. no lol the guy in the video

8. Do u think 600w is detectable

9. na i doubt it its more around 2 1000w if you let the heat vent though the house the heat will be even and they cant detect and it helps to do in a basement