Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

There's someone in my head, but it's not me

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DukeofRockinghm, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Brain Damage - pink floyd

on to a more serious matter, i smoked pot for about 3 years, usually a quarter a day sometimes a quarter a night (because i was too busy during the day) or more. and about a year ago, it felt like i blew a brain, (my philosphy was, you ony use 10% of your brain so why not burn the rest of it) and i kept smoking pot for about 4 months after that then i started to have trouble recogizing my friends who i seen all the time and my family and forgetting my own dog's name. i had even more trouble forming words and complete thoughts, i decided it was time to cut back. it's now been 7 months since i quit smoking weed and i stilll feel like a dunce, i use to be for the legalization movement by blowing people's minds who didn't smoke weed with messed up thoughts. i haven't felt sober for over a year now and i just want to feel sober. it feels like when you get really stoned and have trouble thinking or talking, permanently, my wang doesn't want to get up anymore because it doesn't get excited along with the rest of my body, i haven't laughed or cried for more than a year. i want to know if anybody has cured this side effect of pot smoking. like roger waters wrote about syd "there's someone in my head but it's not me" when i speak to people i often feel they are disconnected from me, somewhere above me, it's a strange feeling. i don't even enjoy getting stoned anymore becuase when i was stoned i would think differenly and now i can barely think at all. PLEASE PLEASE, someone else tell me a cure. ( i wasn't on any other drugs or anything, just a lot of pot)

2. ...are you kidding? 1. a quarter a DAY? 2. sorry dude but that sounds completley rediculous. i know people that have been smoking every day (with tolerance breaks) for the better part of their life, and they are just as intelligent as ever. your story sounds like something out of a anti-weed commercial...but if it is true, my bad man :)

3. i didn't come here to post anything anti weed, just want to know if this happened to anybody else, i'm not kidding, a quarter a day. got the stuff by the pound, 850 a lb, that quarter was smoked between me & 1 maybe 2 other people

4. have you hit your head...i was watching something about frontal lobe damage and those side effects sound similar...dude just like in a fender bender and just bruised his head. and the damage was so microscopic it took em awhile to find it but it messed with emotions...like he couldnt feel love or apathy or anything like that...look into it.

5. i have been in a few drunk driving accidents but that was before i started to feel this way, but i can totally relate, i don't even feel apathy, or boredom. i suspect the damage is molecular though because i haven't bruised my head in those accidents or anything. i haven't felt bored, even when i have nothing to do, i sit and time just passes by. everyone else around me has been smokin pot for 15 or so years and they seem to be fine, i'm not real sure why it's happened or why it happened to me and not the other friends i was smokin that quarter with

6. I guess my first question would be; What was it in your life (be it emotional, physical, phycological, spiritual, social, etc) that made you think you needed a quarter ounce of pot every day? Also what event or attitude in your life led you to come up with logic such as "my philosphy was, you ony use 10% of your brain so why not burn the rest of it." These attitudes and behaviors are at the root of the real problem.

If you ask me, pot had very little to do with your problems; pot was simply a way for your body and mind to escape the real issue. Quiting was the right choice, but now you have to dig deeper and find what the origional root issue that caused this whole cycle to begin. If other words, if you want a "cure," than do the work and cure yourself. If you want another drug (or if you go back to the same drugs) that will make you feel agian, than the cycle will repeat itself.

I hope that helps answer your question.

7. some things that lead me to smoking too much pot was family problems, cousin tryin to get my g/f and stuff and him bein my boss at work too, another was no matter what a politician said he did the other thing and the system didn't matter to me anymore, my dad told me it was ok to smoke pot, i wanted to prove those anti pot commercials wrong and come out of it completely normal, what's 1 person out of 6 billion was another mentality.
    since i've felt burnt i've learned how to play a guitar, and got enrolled in college, but learning is 100x more difficult than it use to be but i'm trying to keep my mind active and thinking about something, anything. i'm not going back to the drugs until i feel normal, drugs don't even sound fun anymore, which is a pity because i loved the taste of it and listening to pink floyd stoned. HAIL SYD BARRETT. if anybody has a time machine i want to shave off the last 2 years of my life and not get stoned as much (but still get high) maybeonce a week or twice a month.

8. lol, thats alot of weed per day...anyway, your brain cells cant re-grow so your not going to get smart ever(sorry to put it that way, but thats the way it is), you might as well smoke more cuz atleast you will laugh and shit...but yeah, once your brain cells are fucked up, they dont come back

9. That's GREAT advice!

And you all wonder why people associate weed with stupidity. :rolleyes:

10. If you have a legitimate concern about your health mental or physical then the best bet is to go to a doctor. Doctors can't say anything to anyone, the worst that can happen is the doctor will give you an anti pot spiel, but most doctors are very smart and mature people so even if they disagree with your smoking theyll be able to figureout whats wrong.

11. First, I would like to thank J-puff for that absolutely oustanding comment! Thanks for playing in to the stoner stereotype, braaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Blazin has givin some of the best advice yet. Visit a doctor bro. See what can be done medically to try to correct your problem. Hell, im not even sure if i believe your story but that doesnt matter, what matters is that you're happy with your life... Get shit straightened out, bro. Hopefully all will work out for you.

much love, dude...

nex

12. GTFO kid, who the hell do you think you're kidding, yourself? Cause it sure as hell aint any of us.

If you knew anything about weed, you would know 850 would get you a little over a QP, if you were lucky and of course the nug was good.

13. So....thats an eighth a day for you

perhaps the lessons here is to stay away from that schwaggy 850 a lb shit:rolleyes:

on a serious note: Like you said your buddies are fine so i'd look for other things to blame like excessive alcohol consumption (drunk driving accidents?) or somthing else your not telling us. See a doc for sure.

14. You have no idea where he lives or what he pays. Frankly, I can get a pound for $350, so there's no reason whatsoever that he can't get one for $850.

15. not making any of this up, just wondering if anybody else out that had whatever this is. if so how long did it take to go away, if it does. i actually got my pot from the texas border (came from mexico, someone else smuggled it across for us) and was a big factory down there with all kinds of grades of weed and we'd pack it back up here to the midwest.

16. Well, I know this is kind of silly for a question, was it low grade bud, mid grade, high grade, and please tell the truth on this, Im not saying you lied before I believe all of it, I just know some people exagerate the quality of bud they get so I think its important I know.
    Because if it was really low grade, then maybe there was something else in the bud which is horrible for you... because I know there are hippies from back in the day that probably smoked a quarter a day for years and some of them are ok, some are crazy from acid and shit but...

17. http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/2699/cat/579

for the most part it looked like the buds on the scales in that picture. sometimes it was whiter and was always sticky to the touch. some of it was neon green lookin stuff (got you real high though). i haven't heard of anyone else that's done this and that is why i smoked so much bud at once, people have been smokin for 15, 30 years and they were perfectly fine in the head. i'm only 20 years old and can't carry on average (much less intelligent) conversations because when i'm speaking i'll lose my train of thought in the middle of speaking, or simply just not remember to reply. i hate being the stereotypical pot head, so i quit because i didnt want to be a bad name to the rest of yall.

18. K see a doctor for sure, maybe it was because you were still developing...?
    Maybe ADHD? Or is that for sure out of the picture, or already in the picture?

19. i think it was cause i was still developing, every scientific study i look up on the net says weed cant cause brain damage, it can only change the way our brain cells are.
    never had any problems paying attention prior to this, a doctor would just put me on riddalin and classify me in a folder. i don't feel hyper either, i feel tired all the time, my brain is kind of asleep, like it's stoned (the bad part of being stoned, forgetful part) i'm trying exercising but it's wearing thin too, have you ever gotten real stoned and felt stoned the whole day the next day?

20. sometimes it's the small things...do you eat properly?..dont over excercise...outlook on life?
    idk, id still stick to the going to the doctors...just make sure the doc doesnt force you in to and pills or anything, most of the time the side effects arnt that good on most drugs theys days...