There's cops at the door!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by nuttybong0, Jun 3, 2011.

1. So like most long time smokers out there, I'm extremely paranoid, even when I'm not high. My entire grow is stealth, locked and insulated, nobody but close family knows. A motherfucking cop knocked on my motherfucking door the other day, talking bout the home security system reported a problem. The thing is, I turned it off a couple years ago. He just asked for id and after i showed him he left. WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!!!! Am I just over paranoid????

2. Could have been a knock-and-talk or some sort of investigation. A knock-and-talk typically is a fishing expedition, they pick out a suspicious person or house, knock on the door under some false pretense and then use the conversation as a chance to size things up. If you seem sketchy they could come back at some other time, or they even could claim to be able see drug paraphernalia or smell something funny from inside and then do a search without a warrant. Or, perhaps the neighborhood has been burglarized or something and they are just checking folks out.

What kind of a neighborhood and situation are you in? I am in picture-perfect little suburb, all clean and safe, and I never fear cops where I am, but some folks live in different situations where the relationship with cops is different.

Best thing is to never, ever open the door for the police. If you don't open it then they can't see inside and claim to have spotted something. Talk through the door, apologize that you cannot let them in, or even tell them to wait then go out a back door and come around to talk to them on the front porch. Even better, video record the whole thing as it's happening.

3. I don't talk to cops. And neither should you... You don't have to open the door you know. Ive stood on the other side of a glass window of a copper threatening all kinds of shit if I didn't talk to him. Just stared at him face to face out the window for a couple minutes until he left. He didn't come back.

4. And then the cop returns to the station... Tells all his cop buddys about the jerkoff On "212 fuckoff ave", Who stared at him through the door and wouldnt comply. Now every cop has a reason to watch you, and everything you do. Dont make a spectacle of yourself... if a cop knocks on the door, im sure he is there for a reason.

5. I would've been quizzing that cop about exactly why the thought he home security system reported a problem. Seems reasonable to want to get to the bottom of it.

6. i just wouldnt even answer...

7. I have a right to be a jerkoff. And your made up hypothesis never did happen... just saying.

8. Lol yes you do. But thats pretty creepy... Like just staring at a cop through your door... Fuck I hide from jehova witness, not making a sound until they move onto their next victim. Id probally do the same if the cops came.

The jehova lady will stay longer than the cop, stare your ass right into the path of jesus.

9. You wanna see whats up, because if you ignore them they may claim some bullshit then just bust in.

10. when i spoke to him we spoke through the door with the chain on it and the screen door. there is no evidence whatsoever any where near my front door. like i said stealth and security is of major importance to me. the neighborhood is very decent, no police stations but there is a hospital so the only times i see cops or choppers, they'r going to the hospital. I spent the last 2 days noting every car on my block and looking for anything that might smell like bacon. nothing so far. Am I trippin for no reason?????

11. Thats nuts man.. Id be trippin too, so your not being dumb. I wouldnt sweat it though, Just keep everything low key for a while..

Think to yourself...If the cop was just trying to trick you and shit, What would be the reason for it?
    You say safe and secure is how you like to be, But are you sure everything is all clean, No neighbors suspect you or people that come over, being loud, smelling up the house maybe?
    If not, then Id just brush it off your shoulders, cus it could just as very well be nothing at all.

12. this is true, dont give the cops what they want (which is for you to give them a reason)

the best way to deal with the cop is to open the door a bit, poke your head out, if the cop wont leave, step outside to talk, dont let him inside, but dont blow him off

13. i get the feeling that it was a casual, once in a blue moon thing.i havent noticed anything funny looking, no suspicious cars or people and my nieghbors are all good people. besides there is a house down the street that attracts way more attention(they do their business in the open and i suspect its more than just weed) and the nieghbors aint snitched on them yet. but everyone offered advice freely, thank you. i think i'll just stay quiet for a while and keep my eyes open. i think it might be all the blue dream that keeps me paraniod.

14. if you turned your security off 3 years ago the cop probably got an assignment to check you house out and make sure some Crackheads or tweakers didn't break in,kill you, and turn off the security system. You're clear bro stop smoking so much glass.

15. If a cop comes knocking on your door make sure you step outside and close the door behind you. If you close your door they can't say they "smell something". I think you should be fine though. Just be super discrete about what you bring inside, where you go, etc. Because if they suspect you they'll probably be watching you closely and they could use just about anything against you. Cops are such scumbags I swear.

16. i think i'm good. been on high alert for a week. cant see anything in blue or smell any bacon grease. i'm still at defcon 5 though, like i said i suffer extreme paranoia.

17. Most important when growing weed is to avoid situations that make cops show up at the front door.

Every little thing that's illegal can make the cops search the whole place if they get a hunch.

Luckily that hunch has never won over me yet, but I will be a lot more paranoid when I start to grow.

18. soon as that doors opern wether you are stood in way or not in the uk they can enter without warrents just the excuse of 'i think sommets dodgy going on inside! so best way is opern bedroom window let em know everythings ok and give em a very polite fuck off !

19. I live in the UK and have had police stare in amazement at my grow. It happened when my partners junkie sister decided to go missing and police came up to the house and were banning like hell on the door. I answered and spoke to the police at the door. One police man sugested i let them in so they could look for her at which point i quickly responded with "no warrant no entry" im not a little guy and if they tried to enter my property without permission i would have protected my property without thinking twice so i was cool door was wide open and cops were trying to get me to come round to letting them in. We had a good chat at the door and they promised me if i let them come in they would not act on anything they see or what i do on my property. They kindly agreed and i made them sighn a form i quickly wrote it was along the lines of this.

I have the rights under the geneva convention to privacy in my own home i also have the right to enjoy my possessions at piece without harrassment. And the officers agree that anything seen on my property is confidential.If the police officer uses this information outside my property it will be considered a breach of my human rights. I take my rights very seriously and will do all in my power to bring anyone who breaches this contract to justice.

Im not sure if this would even stand up in court but ido know i have these rights and it sure stopped cops from raiding me lol.

So they came in looked around a little nothing heavy just under the bed in the closet etc then came my grow room the older policeman opened it and there jaws hit the floor. I told them i was not doing anything wrong and im growing medicine they were quick to shuffle out the door out the door and into there car.

That was 18 months ago so i think i won lol.

So just be cool and if you decide to let them in get them to promise in writeing they wont shop you. If they do arrest you give the contract to the papers to give police a bad name.

Police enter contract with evil criminal mastermind growing ganja

Pigs break writen contract once again

50 take plants for there own use yet again :L

20. Your right the UK cops are fucking evil , they searched my whole place without a warrent, they just came to the door and asked to come in about a gas leek i said no they said ok your under arrest and all that shit i said what you asked about a gas leek he said no i didn't say anything about a gas leak i said what am i under arrest for he said we susspect you burgaled someone i was like FUCK YOU and lost my temper after they cuffed me the UK cops are PIGS and should DIE