There's a civil war going on in the city

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GGrass, May 14, 2010.

1. ^^ especially the last line.
    I had been tracking the situation in the paper, but until now did not know a blade in the area.
    You mostly sound like you are over the initial shock/frustration.
    That survival is against most odds and shows the human desire to survive.
    Perhaps it may be good karma towards the nephew too. Stay strong.:smoking:

2. Ni hao ma! Wo hen hao, xie xie. :p Ni jiao shen ma ming zi? Jian dao ni wo hen gao xing.

Sorry, just had to take the opportunity to practice :eek::D

3. #43 NeverOddOrEven., May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    This is insane. Best wishes to you and your entire family OP.
    EDIT: Why in gods name was I left neg rep for this comment..

4. 26 dead, 150 + injured.

There are plenty of pictures of the whole thing on the internet.

I don't want to post pictures. First, I didn't take them. Second, there's nothing to see. Only blood and dead bodies.

---------------------------------------

I would love to give a report on the behind story of the civil war, but I better not. I do not know everything, and if I say anything, it'll only be my personal opinion.

All I can tell you is the obvious facts.

1. The army soldiers are sniping down terrorists who are disguised as civilians or red shirt protesters.

2. Not ALL red shirt protesters are armed and violent. There are thousands of them protesting peacefully. But my personal opinion is that these peaceful protesters are being used as human shields by the violent red shirts.

3. The terrorists, disguised as civilians, will mingle with the crowd, and suddenly shoot M79 into the soldiers, and then disappear into the crowd.

----------------------------------------

There are always two sides of the story, in this case, there are probably at least a dozen sides. At times like these, it's hard to differentiate fact and rumours. Very confusing times...

It's 5 PM, Sunday.

People's emotion is running high, patience is running low.

The govt has issued curfew, ordering everyone to stay out of the street by 2 PM. The city is deserted, seems like a war zone.

Fortunately I live outside the city, about 50 Km from the city. The schools are closed next week, my kids are glad.

Business right now sucks.

US, Canada, Japan, and many other embassies near the battle zone have pulled out.

It's really really fucked up right now.

5. If you ask the rebels what they are fighting for, they'll tell you they're fighting for democracy.

Makes me wonder,

What the fuck is democracy???

6. Ahddub eht ot artnam. I wonder, about a place of bright colors and smooth brothers, golden childs and white clouds in blue warm skies. I wonder about sweet fruit and polluted motorcades. What is progress and what of these excessive costs of human suffering. Orange robes, I'm sure they've many headaches.