TheHighLife's First Grow 2010

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by TheHighLife18, Apr 22, 2010.

1. #1 TheHighLife18, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
    First grow but its pretty good, using advice from other forums and journals. Finally able to post mine and I'll be sure to update with new pics every 5 days or so and any tips would be nice

!! Edit: To make pics easier to browse, there are now all pics up till 5/3 on this post to so many pictures wouldn't have to load

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Plan on cleaning it up a little bit to make it more presentable, and some of the larger ones in that tray I will probably soon put in pots

3. Looks like it is going to turn out pretty great!
    Subscribed for sure!!!
    GL~Smokythepothead

Check out my grow its my first one so pointers and shit would be appreciated! :D

4. Your plants are looking good man, Just clean it up. Give less water, your "soil" is starting to look like sludgy mud. Just swish the "soil" around every now and then. If it looks dry give it a LITTLE water in the small pots. It wont be long until you transplant them into bigger pots. Is one of them yellow? They are stretching a little bit, It looks like they have good sun. Just keep me updated they're looking good but take my advice.

Goodluck

5. #5 TheHighLife18, Apr 29, 2010
    Update: Most of the plants are pretty healthy, I started watering once every 2nd or 3rd day, but a little problems, the second picture hows one of 3 plants unfortunately eaten to the stem by some unknown thing, any ideas or suggestions? and the 3rd pic is my one plant that for some reason started to bud a little, but otherwise they're all the same, and the blue is a little nutes I left so next time it rained they'd receive them cause I didn't want to over-water

6. Your doing a good job, i recommend getting some Blood & Bone Meal for when it gets a little older, especially growing outside. Depending on your soil

7. #7 Midway, May 3, 2010
    Hey bro hope your grow is going good. be careful with blood/bone meal or anything with fish in it. It attracts critters really bad who will dig up your soil thinking there is food in there.

A good alternative is bat guano or manure chicken or cow

8. Plants are now survival of the fittest, 7 in pots, 5 in ground

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Look good dude! Stay Green :)

10. Biggest plant so far, lost another one a few days ago but getting nutes for all of them soon
    [​IMG]

11. Good luckman i hope to be growing soon too

12. Havn't updated in awhile but these are the best two and there are 5 other decent ones
    [​IMG]

13. I'll follow.:cool:

14. Looks good. How often are you watering?

15. Every other day, its summer heat so it dries up mostly by then

16. Transplanted all of them into larger pots, added some perlite, bone meal, and peat moss to the soil
    [​IMG]

17. 4 left but found a great soil that will finally keep them all alive and protect from heavy florida summer rain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Not a bad start. Plant growth is directly related to the medium size that you provide. So when planting seeds/clones or transplanting, you always want to fill your pots with soil to the top. Filling a 5gal pot only 50% of the way with soil, in essence, will yield 50% of its potential. Good luck this season bro, looking good so far.

19. Saleen281, I will have to keep that in mind, but also I was running low on that soil and wanted a good amount in every pot