Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Worlds smallest internet political quizz

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Digit, Apr 16, 2003.

?

IS this the best thing since sliced bread?

1. yeah, it is.... infact i dont think i ever need to buy any sliced bread ever again because of this!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope, there's no way i can spread PB&J over this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. cunning. ;) i don't need a test like this to tell me where i stand politically.... but it was c

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. I didn't say nukes weren't cruel, I basically said they serve their purpose. They are cuuel, but it was rational in my opinion of dropping the bomb on Japan. I don't have pity for people who killed my country men, attacked my soil, and brought us into a war. I have humanity Zylark, but its War. Japan thought they had the balls to take on America, they were wrong and paid the consquence. I told you, you have to break your enemy to truely win war. I hate war, but it facinates me, it seems to be the only thing humans are truely good at. War isn't humane, never was, and never will be. If you enter War, and you lose you have to suffer the consquences. (and dropping an nuke isn't as bad as having your whole civilaztion destroyed)

Oh yeah, I'm very into WW2 myself, and I know for a fact that there was an Amerika bomber in development. The first prototyped crashed killing the pilot, hmmm saw the footage in fact. Germany WAS working on nuclear technology. And I knew small arms were being developed taking more than 6 months. I may be weird, but I don't imagine things. Remember, there was a shitload of things going on WW2, I don't know everything and you sure don't either.

Now lets have a frickin group hug or something, I don't want you mad at me, and I don't want to be mad at you.

2. A modifaction of a weapon into a more fitting form does count as being a "new" weapon. An M16A2 is a "new" rifle when compared to the M16A1. Therefore it was a "new" development. After Hitler had a demostation he wanted all infantry units to have Stg-44, but it was too late in the war to complete replaced Masuer 98s. . Most of the combat testing was done under battlefield condition on the Eastern front like the Soviet PPS-43. The Stg-44 was totally operational in April 44, but the program to update the MP-43 to the Stg-44 began in July 43.

3. i cannot say this for certain, but when thinking about it, it almost seems as there was forces within germany during WW2 that actually worked against germany getting the upper hand in weapons techs. scientists working on programs, but dragging their feet, or downright sabotaging programs.

case in point: not until after the war was it disclosed that the germans worked upon a program for remotely controlled air to air rockets. a development that would have (and did later) revolutionalized air combat. they shot a few prototypes from HE-111 with various results. basic stumbling block was gyroscope failings as the rockets got to break the soundbarrier. funny thing is though that the scientist did *not* use a swept wing approach to these rockets, which would ensure stable supersonic flight. and they knew about these cababilities, seeing as they used it on the ME262...

just a though, but we're (i'm) really getting far off topic here :D

4. yep. REALLY off topic. lol.

but thats cool. i wanted this thread to do that when i started it. i wanted it to be both a resource to see where people stood on teh political map, and also to spur on a little debate. shame billybong & hubert havnt come back to join in the fun. :D

5. @joshy - I never been in a debat about German Assult Rifles (never would've guessed I would be), but what you just posted I was able to find on the internet in just 5 min :

C.G. Haenel MP-43 Mp-44 Stg.44 (Germany)

This weapon, known as a worlds first assault rifle, was developed in Hitlers' Germany during the World War Two. Initial development took place under the designation of MKb.42 - MachinenKarabine, 1942. The experimental MKb's were developed by two german companies, Karl Walther (MKb.42(W)) and C.G.Haenel (MKb.42(H)). Both guns were intended as a replacement for submachine guns, bolt action rifles and, partly, light machineguns for front troops. Both guns were designed to fire intermediate (between rifle and pistol) cartridge, and have effective range of 600 meters or so. The 7.92mm Kurz cartridge, developed by Polte company, propelled 8.1 g (125 grains) bullet to rougly 680 meters per second.

After initial trials the MKb.42(H), designed by Hugo Schmeisser, was found superior of two, and further development took place under the name of MP-43 (MachinenPistole, 1943, to avoid Hitlers opposition to made anything but SMGs). Some MP-43s were issued to troops at western front, and field reports were very promising. Final version appeared under the designation of Mp-44, and then Hitler finally approved it, but the new gun received also a new designation - SturmGevehr-44, which stands for no more than "Assult Rifle" in german language. This was pure act of propaganda, but the name stuck not only to that gun, but to the whole new class of automatic weapons, designed to fire intermediate cartridges. Total number of MP-43s, MP-44s and StG.44s produced was about 500 000, and these guns proved itself as wery effective, but not withouth some flaws. After end of the war the direct development of the Stg.44 was stopped, but some remained guns were used by East Germany.

...wether some German development-projects took more than 6 month is probely right; projects always run into problems and are delayed. But if it is a "new" project or not and when a project is actualy started, is a stupid debat! - But to say that "Germany was working on their nuclear program before they surrendered,.." is simply NOT TRUE! (Germany started the teoredically development of the A-Bomb allready in the late 1930's but never actualy got to the "building" of the A-Bomp, and they stoped compleadly somewhere in 1942-43 due to money and time problems - The US and their allies knew this!, as I said, becaues of some captured documents) ...and "they would have nuked us if they had the technology before us" is guessing! - just because US have, dosen't mean everybody will!

...and also the way you said it "In war, you want to crush you enemy. Oh yeah, Germany was working on their nuclear program before they surrendered, they would have nuked us if they had the technology before us. Hiro, and Naga weren't key cities, but it WAS strategic. You see by nuking them, it sent a message that basically said, you surrender on our terms. If we nuked Tokoyo, then its end game, by just nuking regular cities, we get our interests in too. Payback's a bitch, many soliders, and civvies died at Pearl Harbor"...sounds as if it was very ok to nuke them...;-(

6. guns guns guns.

if the logic behind it being a constitutional right was to protect the US and its constitution. ya know... to stop the king of england stealing your soup. dominators ok though eh?
    hope america never gets rid of its guns until its free if it really needs guns to protect it. personally i'd rather have brains than guns so i could tell when my soup was being stolen.

7. Hey Digit, we're just about the same! That means we MUST smoke up together sometime! YEAH!

Attached Files:

• test.bmp
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
  8. http://www.politicalcompass.org/

THIS ONE IS BETTER!!!!

seriously way more accurate, and the information available allows for a much clearer analysis of the map. the libertarians arent too far of being thatcherites, you'd never get that from their rehtoric on their own site, because they want all the liberal lefties to get sucked in to badnarik's softly aproach.

9. thats what i got

Attached Files:

10. ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,
    You fall exactly on the border
    of two political philosophies...

LIBERAL
    LIBERTARIAN

11. HEY EVERYONE....!!!! :hello:

juuust incase anyone missed this. :D