The World's Largest Squid - wtf

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by charcharz, Jan 14, 2010.

1. I always thought they got a lot bigger than that :eek:

2. It seriously looks like it could just strangle you and two of your friends. I totally agree...you would never catch me anywhere near that thing. what on earth made you decide to find the worlds largest squid anyways? :rolleyes:

3. Like this big?
    [​IMG]

4. Yes!!! :D

5. is that one bigger than the one in Pirates of the Carribean?? :eek:

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNAYC_M2P7I]YouTube - MonsterQuest s01ep3 - part 5 - Giant Squid Found[/ame]

Estimated 108ft

7. lol I hope squids dont take over the world.

8. They might.

Look how mean they are, destroying bridges and ships :(

9. Giants squids and and octopus who can use tools?

We're fucked, people. They will rise from the ocean and decimate us in a bizarre polydextrous land battle.

10. All hail Cthulhu!

11. It was the largest squid caught not washed up

12. I can't remember the show now but they theorized what if a squid or octopus had lived on land! There was a computer animation of squid(or octopi) swinging through trees on multiple tentacles, and using active camoflage like the movie "Predator"!! It was sick! There's no beating an invisible squid army!!! LOL

13. that shit would feed on 30 nigggas

14. This is why I want to genetically engineer my own race of super krakens. They would be Intelligent as fuck. Octopi rock! They're one of my favorite animals beCAUSE they are this intelligent.

15. I was about to mention this. It was a science channel original, it was called "Future evolution" or "Future biologie" or something along those lines.