Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the word weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cdh420dmt, Jul 28, 2011.

1. i dont think we should call marijuana weed anymore because weed is an unwanted plant and pot is not a nuisance plant i actually wish there waz more

2. Have you ever noticed that people who call marijuana weed are people who are usually not fans.

3. Well pot isn't a plant, so we should stop using that word as well. And ganja is a nonsensical term made up just to have another word for the plant. Bud is already taken.

My point is, who cares what we call it? :smoke:

4. eh, I'm always like "yo, lets go smoke some weed"
    i feel the rousty people say shit like "doing pot"

5. i think unsupporters would also take us more seriously because instead of being lets go smoke so weed ud shaw lets smoke some marijuana or lets smoke some cannabis it sounds more legit

6. The term medicine is what i like to use. It's less out there and people won't question it as much.

7. i love WEED and POT

8. I say weed and dank.

9. Would you like to assist me by smoking a reefer?

10. What? lol

11. i call marijuana weed all the time and trust me im a pretty big fan:smoke:

12. bud, ganja, chron, nug, tree(s), flame, fuego, piff, high-grade, flocka, Cali blah blah, lots of other names as we all know but I do agree that the names "weed" and "pot" are a little degrading as far how much of a dynamic substance it is. Marijuana doesnt roll of the tongue well and neither does cannabis...so this is actually kind of a good thought...

whats the best name we can come up for marijuana?

13. #13 Verdurous, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No. Can't say I have. Most people who aren't fans usually call it marijuana or pot where I'm from, both with a pretty disdainful tone.

Weed is my favourite name for it. Either that or the dankity dank. lol Sometimes Xmas trees with certain people, but that's more of an inside joke.

14. Cannabis is probably the best name for you if you have a problem with the nicknames and such, though.

15. Herbal Enhancer?

16. I say either weed or guac. Pot sounds worse to me than weed.

17. Best word: Bud
    Worst word: Tie between pot and marijuana

18. Weed sounds like a derogatory term, unfortunately I use it far too often on GC as it is easier to type than cannabis. Bud is a fav too, but that has the actual meaning of "buds" of weed. Ehh

19. I don't really give a toss what people call it. But is this what else I've got to look forward to from the youngsters? Getting heckled and jekylled due to saying weed?
    If it is I'll be telling 'em to go suck a fat one, and I won't be talking about a joint either.

20. I don't think we should call it acid anymore. acid just has the connotation of burning all your skin off