Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The word "use"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LetsGoCanes, Jul 10, 2010.

1. am i the only one who hates this word? in the context like "have you been using?" or "do you use?"

it reminds me of like an intervention or some shit. not good. thoughts?

2. I tottally agree with you, but nobody says that around here. Its all.. 'Do you still smoke?!?!?!?!?!' <-- That can be just as bad because junkies 'smoke' there drugs sometimes :D. (crack, meth, etc)

3. yeah, i gotcha.

my buddy who doesnt blaze, but knows me and my other friends do, was talking to me one time and he was like "so did you guys use?"

i felt annoyed right off the bat at that shit. haha

4. same like bofor i moved out my mom would alwys be like "you look sleepy have you been useing" and then be a total bitch for like an hour

5. well my favorite is anyone over 40 calls weed "Dope". if your under 30 you consider "Dope" heroin. So when my uncles ask me if i got any dope i get sketched out for a second till i remember im talking to someone who grew up in the 70s

6. Yeah....

Use seems to sound more... condescending? Like, it gives it a negative connotation.

7. And when people are like. Did you just do weed?"

NO I SMOKED IT YOU DOOOO HEROIN!!!!!!!

Rofl im sooooo high

8. I don't really mind "do". Personally, I just ask "Did you smoke?" because most of the people I know don't smoke anything other than herb.

9. i almost never use the term "smoke," i always say "blaze." it rolls off the tongue better =D

10. qft. also, smoking sounds negative, while blaze sounds like somehting a cool person would do.

11. HAHAHAHAHA "using" yea i remember those days back in high school when i had to go to drug counseling after the first time i got caught burning. Its just so funny the way they treat weed like its in the same category as every other drug. It is clear that weed has its own category that includes no risk no drawbacks no danger.

12. tru that, i hate it when people put weed in the same catagory as other drugs such as heroin or drugs with more addiction potential. and when people say 'do you use', instead of 'do you smoke' but its mostly people that are against weed that say do you use. i dunno just dont like it.

13. Yeah my mom always said that instead of am I smoking. It's like, I'm not sitting here injected heroin or snorting meth, it's fucking weed.

14. I always like "Do you partake?". But then again I also call it dope!

15. Your siggg!!!! :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

16. one of those words that people in clinics and shit use, but never gets used be people that blaze. when i went to court the judge said i needed a drug test to see if "ive been using marijuana" and just the way she said it it pissed me off aha.

17. One that my therapist uses regularly is "under the influence".
    "Are you under the influence, Michael?"
    "Yeah, I got stoned around 20 minutes before I left"

18. lol that made me laugh +rep

19. Mom: "Have you been using pot?"
    Me: "Yeah, try the spaghetti I made in it. Fucking delicious."

20. hahahaha thats fucking great :smoke: