the word "pot"

Discussion in 'General' started by scarymoose, Oct 2, 2004.

?

do you think the word "pot" is derogatory

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. its just a word, who cares?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. do you think the word "pot" is a derogatory word towards weed?

i think it makes weed sound like a harder drug, and the only people i know that use it are my parents, teachers and cops

2. i like pot! i like dope too. those are my main "slang" terms other than weed.

3. Come to think of it, thats all my parents ever called it. I don't think its derogatory but i never use it. 'Ganja' is my favorite :smoke:

4. Mine too... it just sounds more up beat and lively.

5. I use the words bud, kron, po (you wanna smo some po?)

6. Herb, smoke, green, nothing wrong with the word pot though, wonder why it's called pot though. Any ideas?

7. I dunno, just a complete guess without any actual facts but, maybe because people grow it inside in...pots?? Eh what do I know, I have no idea.

8. if im talking to my friends (asking if they have any), i say bud or herb, sometimes trees
    if im talking to a dealer, i say bud, but never herb
    if im just talking about mary jane, i use the whole spectrum of nicknames...

i dunno...im weird, but the only word i'd say i never use is pot. dunno...but its definetely not derogatory.

9. I myself never use the word pot, I don't really know why... I usually call it Bud, Herb, or Ganja. Come to think of it I never usually say High aswell I mostly say baked, stoned, and fucked up. I really dont think marijuana is a hard drug, thats just retarted...

10. I think it SOUNDS derogatory, and almost cringe when I here it. I don't know why, but when people say pot they just emphasize it and it makes it sound bad. Maybe it's because my parents called it pot, I don't know. I call it weed 95% of the time, but sometimes will say greens, ganja, cheeba, marijuana, cannabis if i am in the mood. but never pot.

11. i call it whatever comes to my head first, and sometimes its pot...

...mostly bud

12. I think "dope" is derogatory.

"You kids smokin' the dope?"

There's not a way to use that word without sounding like a scared soccer mom or grumpy old man.

13. I dont think pot is derogitory at all, but dope i fucking hate to hear. when my parents ask me if "im still smoking dope" i always take it like theyre asking me if im smoking meth or somethin like that.

Ganja is the best though

14. I don't think pot is derogatory, I think pot-head is derogatory!!

I like to call it bud,...but I like to say reefer as much as possible too..

15. well here in the UK, you'd hardly use the word "pot".........if a rent found out that you smoked they'd say are you smoking that "wacky backy".........ie wacky tobacco.........it sounds sooo funny to hear older people call it that..........

i mainly use weed, but as hash is common here, both come under that one word, i'd say "green", or "grass" if i wanted to ask for what i grow...........Peace out......Sid

16. hmm.. could it be that it's grown in pots? :p
    the one i hate is dope.. if i were ever asked if i was smoking dope or doing dope i'd say no and it's not a lie.. i consider dope to be heroin..

17. It's all just words . . . however "dope" always makes me think of heroin, so I don't use that.

All I really call it anymore is "herb."

18. GANJA is my overall favorite word. It just slides of your tongue so easily.

19. Pot. Pot plants. :D derogatory? i don't take it as such, though i know some mean it to be.

hurrah for the "war on drugs" and it becoming a war on people. [/sarc]

there are many names for it, i've used all i've heard (except "po" its too new to have used yet), even those intended to be derogatory or otherwise negative (reefer, wacky backy, etc). perhaps most of all, after weed, ganj, hash, herb and bud, i've used entirely made up names. anyone want some crinabisD or ganjalamas? :D

woah.. almost forgot my most comonly used term for it....

CANNABIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what it is after all. to call it anything else, especially infront of those who arent so keen on it, or as clued up on its THOUSANDS of uses, is all a little to similar to what early prohibitionists did... call it something else, and people will mistakenly believe you to be talking about something else.

VIVE LA CANNABIS!

ps, .... or is that "Vive Le Cannabis"?

20. hah.. the best word is marijuana.. hahah.. ian, have you been smoking marijuana? it's so coy ahhaah..