The word pot

Discussion in 'General' started by CALLmeMOTO, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I have a confession to make. I hate the word dank. I want to take that word and put it in a box filled with fire, and leave it on the ocean floor.

I don't use pot very often though. I do use dope a lot, which I think a lot of people would like to throw into the aforementioned box as well. Weed, herb, bud. As long as you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down, we're all good.

2. I'm pickin up what you're puttin' down.

You smellin' what I'm steppin' in?

3. Hell yeah, broher. I'm totally butterin' what you're toastin'.

4. Dude! that's a good one hahaha. We got em for days here. You buyin' what I'm sellin'?

5. Wtf is loud? I'm glad no one calls it there where I'm from, that should be illegal. I'll buy what your sellin' if you gander what I'm growin

6. I am seeing, reading and comprehending what you are implying! :smoking:

7. Loud is what ghetto people (at least from what I've seen) call extremely potent weed.

8. In the ballpark with that one. That pretty much sums it up

9. yea i also noticed it too. My little brother calls it "The Marijuana" LOLOL!!

If im talking to another pothead, ill say weed, or nugs. Or herb. But if im trying to educate someone about it or talk to someone who doesnt know much. Ill call it Marijuana.

10. yea for real. lol. I dont like that word either but usualy when they say they have some loud. It really is loud. lol. But i think the way they came up with it is pretty amusing. My weed is so Loud u can smell/hear it from a mile away!

11. #31 YoseBCmiteBudz, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    Everytime I hear the word 'pot', I cringe.

Edit: Also read above about the word loud^
    That word makes no sense to replace weed.

12. Hahaha this thread is funny. Me and my friends always ask each other if we wanna try doing pot whenever one of us wants to smoke, it's pretty funny using those stereotypical ignorant phrases lol

13. haha I do this as well, and if one of my friends is high and I'm not ill call him a dirty pot addict

14. Its true... even I use the terms I dislike when Im being facetious with other smokers.

(fun fact: "facetious" is the only word in english dictionary with all 5 vowels, in alphabetical order :smoke:)

15. I started a thread recently about something like this. At least in referring to cannabis.

I have been trying to always remember to use the word cannabis in my post and when I talk to a good friend of mine.

My belief is that if we start calling it cannabis, that it sounds less threatening to the main streamers who relate marijuana, weed, pot and whatever other things cannabis is called, as the Devil's Drug. To me anyway it seems like that

If it was the Devil's Drug, wouldn't that mean he created the earth? If your ideology runs in that direction anyway.

16. I'd honestly rather hear someone say pot than cannabis IRL.

17. Cannabis strikes me as pretentious. I wouldn't ever say that unless it was in jest. I'd be quicker to say marijuana than cannabis when talking to someone against it.

18. It's like you read my mind, bro.

19. Hate loud . Makes no sense to me , but I do call it , bud , erb , kill ,

20. I say weed all the time, but I have a hard time figuring out why people don't view that as derogatory. Who the fuck likes weeds? Most people consider them pests.