Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The whole not being able to eat unless I'm high thing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fadeddd, Jan 2, 2011.

1. It's really getting old. :( I started to notice it a year or so ago, that food was no longer appetizing unless I smoked. At first it was like "why not smoke if I'm gonna eat, it'll taste better", but now it's more like "my stomach doesn't know how to break down food without THC in my system".

Last night I got the munchies bad, had some pizza, probably overate. Whatever. Went to bed without giving it time to digest. I wake up this morning and my stomach has that horrible dull pain that just makes my brain unable to focus on anything else. I had a feeling it was cause I still had food in my stomach and didn't have anything to smoke yet, so I took a toke and the pain was gone.

I'm not sure if there's really a point to this thread, I just felt like bitching a little. How do you guys do t-breaks with this problem? By day 4 I was spending half my time hunched over holding my stomach from hunger/not being able to handle food.

2. Take a crap/eat more?

3. I gotta admit man, I don't eat as well when I don't smoke........ well ok maybe I just dont eat as much when i dont smoke. But I think that if your overeating on some pizza and going straight to bed, you might want to consider that it might be your eating habits giving you this problem. I'm no scientist, but I would think that mass quantities of greasy pizza + multiple hours of being immobile, asleep = painful gas pockets upon waking.

Try a salad next time....

4. I have this lack of appetite problem as well most of the time. However, I notice after 3 days into a T break, my appetite resumes it's normal pattern. As for the upset stomach, you need to give yourself more time to digest before sleeping. Otherwise you will feel like ass in the morning, or even wake in the middle of the night and puke...

5. Just eat.

In fact, dont eat. Just starve yourself until your hungry. You dont "need" MJ to eat.

6. s what I do. You just gotta starve yourself man, than go make your ass some food and you'll be normal

7. I have the same problem basically. Started out exactly the same way and now I tend to overeat when I smoke and not eat at all when i don't. I haven't found a solution to this really. T-breaks are hell for me because of this and a pre-existing anxiety and depression problem. Just keep toking, bro :smoking:

8. Man I have a similar problem. I just don't have the stomach for food when I'm not high anymore. It's getting pretty bad and I feel a good break will help me out because it's getting kind of ridiculous. I went on vacation in the summer with the family and I had no bud there, took until the 4th day before I could eat normally again and not get nauseas/lose my appetite.

9. #9 hurb1, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    Its possible you have some uderlieing condition that youve not yet become aware of because of self medicating with the weed. Somthing like ulcers or stress or whatever else causes these symptoms because being nasueas and not being able to eat untill your starving hunched over in pain aint normal behaviour upon ceasation of cannabis use.

Sure it might take skipping a meal or two in the first 1-3 days in order to build up an appetite but what your talking about doesnt seem right.You shouldnt be starving and still not want to eat. The whole issue with withdrawl from weed is that you would like to eat but your just not hungry. If your starving, why arent you eating? It helps to eat like your sick when you have no appetite. Have some soup or munch on stuff like crackers and drink juice. If you cant do that....then your fucked up and should see a doctor.

10. You are basically conditioning your brain to only want to eat when it's high. You notice that food tastes blander than while stoned, so your brain initiates an automatic response to tell you to make it high.

Either take a t-break to retrain your brain, smoke up and eat food, or force yourself to eat while sober.

11. Well, before I started smoking I wasn't able to eat. I literally couldn't hold down a small bowl of cereal :( it sucked, especially when you just want to go to dinner with friends or something...
    Now when I smoke, it lets me eat. Even if I only smoke a bowl or two, it just relaxes my stomach
    If I don't, I won't eat for at least a day or two.

Best advice I can give, is try to eat (usually in smaller portions)
    And if you have to skip or meal or two, it'll be ok. Just let your body naturally get hungry

12. eating alot of crap before u go to sleep is what makes ur stomach hurt in the morning. it has nothing to do with smoking.

13. make sure you dont find yourself becoming dependant on weed... remember there is no physical addiction.. ur body WILL function just fine without it in your system its just all in your head man, id suggest you take a break from the herb if your body is feeling weak without it..

14. Thanks for the advice blades.. even if your advice is all different. ;) I imagine it could be partly because I'm getting older now and I can't just eat volumes of shit and feel fine the next day like I used to be able to.

I'm scared shitless by doctors, and as someone else in the thread said, I also have a pre-existing anxiety condition. The fact it kept me from sleeping is how I got my MMJ card in the first place.

Could weed really be such a good painkiller for stuff in the stomach that it's covering up a condition I have that started after I began smoking weed? Has anyone hidden illnesses from themselves like this before? :(

15. I used to eat only after i smoked. now i dont even get the munchies. i only eat 1 meal a day and usually cant even finish half... sometimes ill eat random snacks and shit but not a lot and not very often.. i'm not super skinny but im not bulky

16. Now I need to smoke to be able to keep food down, atleast in the mornings. Never used to be like that. :/

Taking a t-break soon though so that should get fixed right up

17. I had this when I would start t breaks so I never would I thought I had an ulcer but weed really effects your digestive system after a 3 week t break I felt normal again. But I smoke for anxiety and I'm back at it but I do think some people just have weaker stomachs me included. Try smelling your food more my sense of smell is always terrible the first few days of a t break ginger ale works wonders also good luck.

18. When im high it's more like it doesn't matter if I eat or not. I mean i can eat, but if i dont want to i dont feel any need to.

19. Stop munching, if you eat before you get high you will be high longer and it gets rid of the lack of appetite otherwise.

20. me too!!!! i cant eat if im not high. even when i am high sometimes food just looks nasty & nauseating... why ?