Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The whole 4/20 thing...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Boffin, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Would someone please care to enlighten me? Sorry if this should be in another forum.

2. well, what number would you have come up with?

3. I don't think anyone knows for sure. There were rumors that 420 was a police code used by the San Rafael, CA police. But, the police department says that's not true. The most recent theory I've heard is that a bunch of kids in 1971, in San Rafael, made a habit of smoking each day at 4:20 PM. They started using '420' as a way to talk about weed in front of non-smokers such as parents or teachers.

4. Thanks a lot guys =) Anyone else with any theories, feel free to post away!

5. yeah, this has been asked before...i can't imagine it hasn't...since it IS a marihuana enthusiest's site...but yeah, those are the things i've heard. there are stupid ones too...some kid at a concert claimed 4:20 started cause there were 420 THC molecules per square whatever...so i said bullshit. cause its gatta be...not pheasable...cause that changes from strain...to specific breed (right word?) of marihuana. silly...im rambling huh? :smoking: sorry

6. I know the answer.

4:20 was the time all students at Ensenada high school would meet up to smoke after school. Soon the whole school heard about this and during school they would say "lets 420" it today and stuff like that yet the teachers had no idea what they were talking about. This was back in the 80's though... from then on it's known world wide.

7. yup, explains that in the link i posted. plus that link has all the fake shit people say 420 is (police code, day hendrix died, ect) and other ocorances of 420.

8. how cool would it be if you were one of the kids who started 420?

9. pretty damn fuckin' cool.

10. I allways heard that it had somethin to do with hitlers b-day... but i really have no idea I used to believe that shit but that shows how gullable i am

11. Well, that's a half-truth. It didn't start because of Hitler's birthday, but Hitler's birthday is April 20th. It's just a coincidence. The Columbine thing happened on 4/20/99, too.

12. The government did publish a report in the 60's stating that "Marijuana contains over 420 dangerous carcinogens". Coincidence?

13. no damnit, don't you read any of the other posts? the link in my first proof shows that that is just a rumor and not true.

14. You see, your source says this: "It's the number of chemical compounds in marijuana. -
    The number of chemical compounds in marijuana is 315, according to the folks at High Times magazine." Fine and dandy sir. But what you're ignoring is the fact that the Government, at one time, did fund an independent study that in fact said that Cannabis Sativa did contain over 420 carcinogens. While it IS a rumour that there are 420 chemicals in Cannabis, it is NOT a rumour that the government once acknowledged there being over 420 carcinogens. Thank You Sir.

15. I dont think any of these are true how the fk could u know?, I bet a bunch of stoners wanted to find a combination of numbers to repreasent weed at some point somebody came up with 4:20 and it had a nice ring to it and before long it stuck, who cares ....

16. Got any sources?

17. why would they say that theres "over 420" as opposed to over 400? them saying over 400 would seem much more realistic because if they aren't gonna give an exact answer why would they say over 420 as opposed to over 400?

18. maby 420 crops up alot .. the 12 kids .. the old government figure .. hitlers bday .. columbine

ergo it was made that number

dammit that probs didnt make n e sence i got the flu and i dont wanna think

19. there was a thread here about "smart" and "stupid" stoners that said 4:20pm was the perfect tiem to start smoking cos you could reflect upon your day, if yu constantly wake an bake you are apparantly a "stupid stoner"...