The war on terror is over...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by myoung7189, Apr 25, 2012.

1. It seems that you're actually right. More faux news from faux news... smh (at myself). My poor reading of the fox news article allowed me to believe that Obama authorized and approved of this announcement by a reported "Senior Official of the State Department." I appreciate you informing me of my mistake. Anyway, on with the neocon agenda with no fallacious end to the War on Terror.

2. Sooo...what will come of the Patriot Act?

3. Our foreign adventurism stimulates hatred and stimulates a need to fight against us. There will be an enemy as long as we are meddling.

As you would hear in scooby doo "Those meddling kids!!"

4. so the war on terror isn't over?

phew!

5. US citizens are the other extremist. Christian, Atheist, and Mormon.

6. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI[/ame]

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVX-c07uefc]Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

8. I can totally see somebody making a spoof of the amazing atheist Ron Paul "Liberty Wand" video.
    "Wave the magic "war on terror is over" wand and POOF its gone."

Well, technically there was never a war on terror in the first place, it was the US occupation and pilaging of Middle Easterners' homelands which is continued until today and so on for the rest of this US regime that escalated into the attack on 9/11, which was then quickly spun into the lie we have today.
    Just slap the name war on _________ and you'll garner support because Americans are conditioned to believe we need to kill the "bad guys" before they get us.

I blame the greed of DC and the media fully.

9. This is exactly what I thought about when I read this. It is far from over, do not let them lie to you. Ask our troops in Afghanistan if they can travel around without fear of IEDs or if orders to "search until contact" are still being given. Plus there are numerous terrorist organizations still in the world, rampant terrorism in Mexico which is spilling over into the United States, hell even gangs use terrorism to control areas in the United States. I will not lie, there are places near where I live and the area just outside of where I work which I know for a fact is controlled by MS-13 and it scares the shit out of me that they exist there and are capable of violence for little to no reason. After all, fear is the basis of terrorism, and violence and the possiblity for violence is what drives that fear and ultimately leads to submission, that is terrorism. We still have terrorism in the United States, so do not be fooled that it doesn't exist elsewhere in the world. Terrorism will never die, just humans will never see an end to war. It is our nautre to be self-interested and there will always be those who lack a conscience, for some it is as simple as brain function, such as with psychopaths. It is just how it is and our fear of a violence death from such people is partly why we form civilization.

10. You forgot the biggest terrorist organizations of them all, the DHS, and the CIA.

11. The U.S. Government controlled by the Judeo-Christian World Domination Organization above them exploited the 9/11 event so that they could enact a war on political dissent in America, and a war on Muslims in the Middle-East. This created an American Nationalism that flirts with Fascism, which is allowing our Constitution to be nullified little by little with every unconstitutional bill they pass into law. It is a war on civil liberties, not a war on terror (fear).

"Let me assert my firm belief, that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt