The War On Drugs will end in the year 2100 .............

Discussion in 'General' started by skatealex2, Oct 7, 2009.

1. #1 skatealex2, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
    I would not be surprised if it takes 100 years.

and i think that the younger generation (aside from the religious groups) is well aware of how inhumane and absurd the whole war on drugs is. The reason I say 2100 is because I can't see the war on drugs going on forever, simply because the fact that statistics have everything going against it. Aside from its constitutional problems -

We have a huge multi billion$ industry going on underground, a lot of unpure product that actually makes the drugs more dangerous- for example I saw on that Fox News report last night that the only reason Crack exists, is because cocaine is illegal , but even more important is that the government is wasting so much fucking money and drug use is only going up - which is not the intent of prohibition

I could completely wrong though, but it would be realy sad if the drug war isgoing on in more than 100 years- although my prediction might just end up being true for Marijuana-

and if that is the case, I will still be pissed ! I don't want to die just as marijuana gets legalized :(

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

When do you think the War on Drugs will end? Let's hear your thoughts!

[​IMG]

2. It's already legalized for medicinal use in Cali. The way I see it, there'll be more of a chance of Cannibis being legalized once 'our' parents and other older generations die off. Can you imagine everyday kids our age leading the government years from now? Should be fun...;)

3. hah i never thought of it that way...goood point.

4. dude you post alot of random ass threads

5. Unnecessary bigotry bro.

Religious groups play an important role in supporting Medical Marijuana and general decriminalized marijuana.

For deeply held religious and moral reasons many are opposed to the needless suffering inflicted upon patients by unjust laws and by the racist and overly-punitive (which are unjust) drug laws.

Religious luminaries like St. Thomas Aquinas can be placed firmly in the camp of favoring legalized marijuana.

6. Yup, when our Generation takes over i think it will be legalised.

7. You don't think our parents generation didn't say the same thing when they were our age?

Remember, our parents (at least mine) are the woodstock-70s generation which was way more open with drug use and was even the REASON they started the war on drugs (Well, it was really to draw attention away from other stuff but you know what I mean)

Politics perpetuate themselves, the war on drugs is not only a good distraction to cry "FOR THE CHILDREN" about, but also lets them funnel millions of dollars into government agency for use in the "war on drugs"

Now pot on the other hand, I think will be legalized at least in california in the next few years - Its our largest cash crop and frankly we need the money.

Plus its stupid that its still illegal, given that it was made illegal after a smear campaign from the timber industry who it competed directly with via much more affordable, much more sustainable Hemp.

8. #8 Diceman, Oct 7, 2009
    I'm just waitin for the generations to cycle through. Once all the offices are filled with people who either smoked or knew people who smoked..I think the laws will change. Money ALWAYS dominates..so some votes will still be bought. I just look at the past 20-30 years..the change is amazing. Who knows whats gonna happen once EVERYONE in control..has passes. And the younger generation is the hot seat..

Oh and dude talkin bout our parents...capi.. were the first fucking generation who tried...give it a second. Everyones walkin around with weed t shirts and shit. Hell I'm in a class right now and I already met 9 people who smoke...thats 1/4 of the people in the class. Some smoked and just dont now..but they dont think weed is the devil.

Not like some 60 year old man did back in the 50's. Times change..and they change FAST.

9. I doubt it'll be a whole lot different. People that grow up in politics live a whooole different lifestyle than us that don't/

10. #10 skatealex2, Oct 7, 2009

That's true. I've noticed that everyone seems to be a weed smoker these days. Even my professors are joking about it and one even tells my class all the time that it should be legal.

There's clearly a Societal change happening- Back in the 70's the mainstream media was still going along with the Propaganda Mongers and now in this past year for the first time- Mainstream Media outlets are putting out articles and airing reports on Marijuana Prohibition/Legalization-

Fox News, CNN, Time, abc news, New York Times, Forbes, Washington Post, etc.

The government is still keeping their distance and once the next generation is in office good things can happen.

and compared to the 70's- there are now 13 states that have Medical Marijuana Clubs, and in Cali they say there are more Ganja shops than Starbucks.

[​IMG]

I didnt know that mainstream religious groups were against the drug war but i foud this article on the issue and it seems to be the case for some

Religious Groups Call Drug War Immoral - ABC News

I always thought people like the pope and mainstream religions were anti marijuana though ???

11. Exactly homie :D point proven.

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0TQ1uOn3k]YouTube - FBI director gets schooled on marijuana legalization[/ame]

:hello:

13. #13 stoned_soldier, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
    The "younger generation" keeps missing its chance. The 1970s saw the greatest chance to end prohibition, but that all ended with Nixon. Marijuana will not legal in our lifetimes nor in the United States. Unless the United States disappears from the globe we will not see this happening.

I think it's pretty obvious that the same people who prohibit illicit drugs make a profit off these drug sales. Otherwise, from a business point of view (as America is pro-capitalist) the easiest way to stop the flow of illegal drugs over the border is to legalize them all at once and have the government sell them in controlled amounts. If you take the entire market in one sweep you destroy cartels practically overnight. Of course, by doing this, they (DEA) would have to be hypocrits by selling you the same drugs they prohibited almost 90 years ago. A government body in error? Not possible. Besides, the profit margins are far greater by keeping them illegal than to legalize them. Plus, pharmaceutical companies make billions off of "legal" highs such as dxm and pseudoephedrine, (although any substance can be abused) and even the non-high giving drugs such as acetominophen, ASA, and ibuprofen. It's big business, and that's how you have to see these things. Not as moral challenges to ignorant dated laws but as capitalist. Pharmaceutical companies would go out of business if they're competing with a natural herb that cannot be patented (why we have synthetic bullshit like Marinol). That's how America works. Knowledge is power, but not in America.

So what I'm saying is that ALL drugs should be legal. It would be great to have just weed legal, but that doesn't solve the problem of imported drugs and drug rings and automatic weapons. Weed being illegal is a god-send to terrorists. Here is a drug that a good portion of the world population uses recreationally. To start up a weed business is significantly less expensive and arguably less dangerous than starting up a meth lab or cooking crack. The gateway theory applies here only, in that gangsters may start their illegal activities from weed up, slowly gaining capital and networks. Therefore, to dismantle these organizations, you need to not only legalize ALL drugs, but control the sale of all drugs (except weed which can be grown). This way, only the government has a say in the purity and amount given to each patient/user, and because these organizations have no commonality (a drug to sell) they will either divert into other crimes or dissolve (when alcohol prohibition ended where did all the gangsters go? straight to illicit substances again). Saying that they have no medical use is staggering and only helps to promote prohibition all over again. Meth, cocaine, opiates, all these have medical uses, and hypocritically, marijuana is high on the (DEA) Schedule of illegal drugs because it has no agreed-upon medical advantages. That, of course, is a flat-out LIE. The hardest part is for them to admit it.