Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The war on "drugs"....where's the good news?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 68firebird, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Ok since i've been on my t break for a suspected drug test for a new job, I've been doing allot of reading and am wondering if were making any progress towards, decriminalization or legalization of marijuana.
    It seems that more and more companies drug test than ever before, and I have not heard of any news about states decriminalizing recently. I am just wondering, weres the good news?,
    Am I going to have to move to another country?, I've heard the coffee shops may be closing up soon in amsterdam, Where is there to go besides alaska??? Maybe canada, but its not legal there either, damn Just pisses me off that no one looks at the facts and reasons for why things the way they are...I dont get it

2. shops are closing in amsterdam?

whyyyy?

3. Well realize more and more people are coming to a conclusion that the war on drugs is flawed. More time is needed thats all. I believe the next election will yield a democrat in the white house. Thats always good news for marijuana. As far as Amsterdam, I believe shops withing a certain radius of schools must close. I think its 200 yards? A lot of shops fall into this category.

4. i heard on the radio that they would close because of the new tobacco law there trying to pass, were you cant smoke tobacco inside and since they spliff over there that may be the reason idk,

5. Well I personally will be one of many thousand at the annual marijuana march in Toronto to protest the cannabis laws. There, thats my part.
    Last year there were over 20,000 people there.

6. From what I heard it is just closing coffee shops within a certain radius of schools and such giving the community a safer feel to it. But hell I might be talking out of my ass unless someone else can either confirm or deny that statement.

7. I disagree about lack of progress. There are 12 states with medical marijuana programs, several cities have decriminalized it and there is certainly a push for more. Medical Marijuana is on the ballot in Michigan in 2008 and I recently heard that California is pushing for statewide decriminalization.

Unfortunately progress is rather slow. It is no easy task to erase several generations of brainwash from people. Eventually there is going to be a tipping point: maybe it will take a great leader, or a revolutionary scientific study, or eventual positive media attention. This may happen in a few years or a few decades. The key is to remain persistent and eventually the current generation will control the U.S. and not the brainwashed baby boomers.

8. Where the hell do you people get this information? The dems are just as corporatized, if not more so, than the republicans, and they're not about to sacrifice that for anything.

9. As great as Obama would be (he has my vote) we need a Republican to fix our economy atm and the only one good enough for the job is McCain, a man that wants to stay in Iraq as long as it takes.

Whoever said we need a Democrat in the white house needs to learn more about our political history and trend that occur within our political parties.

10. so your republican?

but your voting for obama?
    because hes decriminalizing marijuana?

ha and your saying we need a republican in office?

Seems like you dont know what ya want.

11. Antonyms? :D

12. I know what I personally want and I know what would be best for the country. I am not voting for Obama just because of his views on decriminalization. I am voting for him because of his stance on numerous topics. And Malo having decriminalization as a main point for voting for someone shows an obvious lack of political knowledge. I said we need a republican in office because the republicans have a strong track record of helping our economy. As of right now our economy is absolute crap and we are entering a pretty gnarley recession. A war is one way to help boost the economy but President Bush is too stupid to do shit right. When you guys start learning about political parties, trends they have, and our countries political past then come talk to me about knowing what I want.

I am a democrat and nothing will change that, but I am smart enough to realize whats best for my country. Remember needs and wants are completely different.

13. Democrats can have great rebounds FOR the economy though, ala Bill Clinton after Bush screwed the pooch. George W. Bush messed up the economy as a Republican, maybe we need a Democrat to fix it before another Republican can stabilize it.

Either way, I don't trust McCaine, I dislike Hilary's viewpoints on almost every topic, and I love Obama but he's just inexperienced. I love Ron Paul the most, but he didn't even have a chance.

I will probably vote Obama if he wins the primary. If not, then I will vote McCain or independent.

14. NORML. The democrats have already stated they would end federal raids on medical marijuana clubs. Hence my statement that having a democrat in the white house is good news for marijuana. I dont give a shit about them being "corporatized" everyone is, welcome to reality.

edit: I see your a Ron Paul supporter. Now I understand.

15. On the MM forum I saw that NJ has two MM bills up for vote in june:smoking::D

16. [​IMG]Are you even thinking of the troops? what do you think they want? to be shot at for a worthless corrupt goverment? Blown up so you can drive a hummer around the block? Our ecconomy is a piece of shit because of the republican party, the fact that you would toss it to them a 2nd time is Unbeleiveable. The republican party is too corrupt to be trusted right now, therfore should not be allowed in office or any part of the government. And Chaohinin, you have no fucking idea what your talking about do you?

17. Once the Rick Simpson story gets out more about hemp oil cured cancer, marijuana will become legalized.

18. Both parties have gone to hell a looong time ago. I was hoping for Ron Paul, but that was just too good to become true. Should he have run as an independent?

Obama? Maybe, cause concerning Civil Liberties maybe he will do something different than the routine dance old white men have done in the oval office for ages. Hillary? I don't think so. Old white man in a dress. McCain? War hero, down to earth, could be but wants to stay in Iraq forever...so hell no. It feels like a lose/lose/lose situation and that sucks.

As for the good news on the war on drugs? I belive that the internet is a major factor in blowing away the BS the Gov has been feeding us so long. More internet users=more informed voters. Eventually a mayority of us will make a difference. Maybe 10 years. Just make sure you make your voice heard potheads!

19. Mccain is insane