The veterans greenhouse

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by TheVeteranGrower, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Man totally understand. It's touchy for a lot of people I know. It's just good to have the connection with other vets especially other Army brothers who have "been there, done that". I wish you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. They turned me into a gardener though. Luckily got out in a medical state but I have moved beyond just cannabis and started branching out into various other plants from Chinese, Indian, South American traditional medicine. Then started doing market gardening to make extra money during the summer, it is hard for me to hold a normal job because of some of various medical issues. I was originally going to school for a degree in computer science but eventually switched to Botany with intent of mastering in plant morphology/physiology but same problems with working also made school difficult. So eventually dropped out with enough starting knowledge to continue from their at my own pace. Currently in WA, which is a good environment (weather and social) for being involved in growing.

3. Very nice! I have yet to read this whole thread but, did you plant the whole plant and their plastic pots into the dirt? What did you do to the bottom of the pots before you planted them? I took my plants out of the pots before going into the ground, is there an easier way?

4. That's an awesome story that I can relate to. I'm 100% with the VA and on SSI Disability so I don't understand exactly what you mean. I worked for a while after I got out and lost 2 jobs and denied many others due to my medical issues. It got to the point were I filed for SSI and was approved. It sucks being in constant pain and having medical conditions, but allows me to stay home with my youngest son and my girlfriends boys. WA is a beautiful state. I did my PLDC at Ft Lewis and spent some vacation time on Vashon Island back when I was 17. I did dislike how weather can change so quickly but enjoyed my time there. I would love to visit the state again some day.

5. Thanks to all of you chiming in and watching the grow I really appreciate that. I watered the ladies today with a little floranova grow . They are starting to show preflower so next feed I'm going to switch to bloom or probably half and half . I have one plant doing some weird things , I can't tell if it's heat related or pest or something like ph ??? If you can tell from the pic any suggestions would be great .[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anyone watching this??

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just checked. It's hard to tell what wrong with the plant. It looks sad. At this point I would yank it. Might have pest or other issues.

8. Good stuff buddy, I've always wanted to do a greenhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yea bro it's fun as hell

10. I would guess in the following order what maybe the problem or a combination of them. First would be that the soil has excessive nitrogen and she has burned. Next would be heat, she may not be able to take it some strains or phenotypes are more sensitive than others, this applies to the first reason. I place heat second just because of the remaining plants looking fine, although from the one picture the ones in the back are slightly shaded for a portion of the day and they seem healthier then the fore ground plants. Then I would quess salt build up, floranova is a salt base and given the volume of pots it is possible that spot is not getting enough water flow through pot into soil to clear it out, gypsum or Epsom or small amount of sulfur would clear it up if that is the problem although it would not fix damage already done. I personally might play with her to diagnose the cause and learn from but would I eventually pull her to avoid her becoming a vector of disease and pests to all the other healthy girls in close proximity to her.

11. Well I could see salt build up or something like that but the plant is not showing any burn at all , I'm thinking stress from heat as well . I also have only used the floranova a few times maybe twice now . Don't believe this is the problem.

12. Don't get me wrong I love GH products they are supper cost effective and they were the primary go-to for hydroponics in my garden for years. Just wondering if the front pot has low water flow which would eventually lead to a build up altering pH significantly and creating a condition where cation exchange suffers. Pair that with high temps and the corresponding evaporation most of what has been added could be sitting in the soil locking stuff up.

13. Filling in nicely you should have some fresh smoke in no time. You are probably a month ahead of me, all I have is pre-flower and about 15 hours of light a day still.

14. I still have quite a bit of time actually

15. Your weeks ahead of me though, I am probably about a week out before the angry headge hog shows its face.

• Like Like x 2