The USA is the fattest but we have the most gold medals

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by CrowClaw, Aug 14, 2012.

1. You have a good point i just find it ironic that the US is know as the most unhealthy nation yet we are winning the olympics

2. AMERICA FUCK YEAH! LICK MY DICK N SUCK ON MAH BALLS!

but Yeah... we win because we are a nation of outliers that happen to have a huge number..

In a city you can see as many sherbert (color of tan not sexual orientAtion)
    gymrats in the same area as many topheavys(little legs big obese tops)

And a ton of athletes. We have so many athletics nearly every race here has some stereotypical sport they play.

3. Its a population thing

4. Because when you on top you win so we win yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhup.

Take that euros.

U
    S
    A

5. We [Americans] have the freedom and choice to train and become world class Olympic athletes, and arguably more and better resources and facilities at our disposal on a basis of that which is available to the general public than some "other" countries.

Or we have the freedom and choice to sit around eating cheeseburgers.

We have the most or the best of a lot of things. I'd venture a guess that not many of them have anything to do with the obesity rates of the USA.

6. Thank you.

Former-fattie here. It's actually not that hard or time consuming when you decide you REALLY want to be in shape.

7. If you seriously think genetics is just an "excuse" you don't understand obesity... I'm not saying its the main reason behind obesity problems, bit its still the main reason for many people. To write it off as an excuse is ignorant.

8. But that's what many people do. They write it off as an excuse. "My dad was fat and I'll be fat no matter what so I won't even try."

The fact is: if you don't eat/drink 10 pounds of food, then it is absolutely impossible to gain 10 pounds. Regardless of disease, genetics, exercise, metabolism, or any other factors. Some people eat 10 pounds of food and gain 0 pounds so they are eating the right amount. Some people eat 10 pounds of food and gain 5 pounds so they should eat a little bit less.

See what he's saying? Regardless of your medical condition, you can just eat less and you will lose weight. It's the laws of physics. Combine that with some proper nutrition and exercise and I have yet to meet a person it didn't work for.

9. Actually its been proven that more lower class people are over weight due to healthy food being perishable and expensive. Why spend 50 bucks on dinner when you can feed your whole family for 10 at Mcdonalds. I find it kind of offensive when people assume they are over weight due to gluttony alone. It's been studied and being overweight and poor go hand in hand. If you don't believe me go sit in your local welfare office for a day.

10. I dont actaully believe these statistics, although they are pretty widely published!

The US has a 30% obesity rating. Can you really say that of every 10 people you see, 3 of them are fat? For the UK, its 23%, and every 5th person i meet isnt obese thats for sure!

Unleeeeeessss, they are all housebound. Thats a morbid thought.

11. Many poor people are poor for a reason though. Because they lack the motivation to push themselves in life, which is reflected in their eating habits. The cheap, lazy option is the path they chose in lifestyle and their diet.

I dont buy into the healthy food is perishable crap either. Cook a meal in bulk, freeze it and youll save money against fried chicken or pizza or anything more 'convenient'.

12. you have obviously never been below the poverty line. Not every chooses that life and the economy has left many prior middle class people poor as fuck. You can't lump in half the country into the lazy bastard category i mean come the fuck on.

13. #33 Thewastedyouth, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I didnt generalise, your assuming i did.

When your talking about 'choosing' that life, i understand that you cant choose being born into a poor household, but that DEFINETILY doesnt mean you can just get fat because that food is cheaper, especially when that isnt true.

14. Well then that is my bad i just feel bad for the people who didn't do it to themselves but get lumped in and looked down on just because of how they look or what circumstances they are in. It's a statistic fact that being overweight and being of lower class go hand in hand and there is alot of info backing that up. Every person should be judged individually and given a fair chance. It's been hard for me but i force myself when i automatically judge someone to stop myself and remind me that if i want to be treated fair too i have to do the same for others.

15. We fat and can still out swim yo ass.............merickaa

16. The USA is also pretty big compared the rest of the world, save China :laughing:. This is America, we respect and worship sports and physical activity, thing is most of us enjoy watching it from our couches.

17. ^ That's not true every friend i know competed in a sport at one point in their life and most still do recreationally. i honestly don't have one fat friend.

18. we most likly get top notch athletics from other countrys and bring em to the US so they can get rich and america can win idk much about the olympics can you do that or do all the athlets have to be from your country

19. Two extremes caused by the same economic corruption. lol It's corporate favoritism of fast food/junk food franchises over produce and healthier restaurants. McDonald's sponsors the Olympics! lol They use it as a huge advertising boost because it's actually all about the money, not being healthy.

20. Bullshit... Not being able to afford healthy food is the fucking worst excuse.

Even if that were true, which it's not... because relatively healthy food isn't expensive... They could still eat less of the unhealthy shit they do eat.