The US Gov doesn't lie & the CIA is great!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, May 6, 2011.

1. Based on this psychological study he most likely would have, people respond that way to authority.

Milgram Experiment - The Milgram Obedience Experiment

2. Different situation.
    Rosa parks hadn't just killed a couple of thousand of the civilians I was sworn to protect.
    Apples and oranges.

3. I am anti-authoritarian. There are a few "good" people in uniforms but not many. I don't necessarily hate anyone per se as I still believe that people are inherently good. However, with each passing day, people are trying to prove me wrong - police, military, and politicians included. Our biggest threat isn't found in some far off land, it's in Washington DC.

Complying with some orders that are contrary to the Oath you took to uphold and defend the Constitution is not an excuse.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." - Thomas Jefferson

"Let it not be said that we did nothing" - Ron Paul​

4. Which is why I got politically active as soon as I got out and out from under the UCMJ...

5. And WE killed millions. Apples and oranges?

Oh I forgot, since we are "Americans", our lives are worth more than everyone else's...got blowback?

I'm tired of defending the indefensible. NO MORE. I refuse to carry the water in the name of blind patriotism to a country who doesn't value its own Constitution and Rule Of Law.

6. Glassworks, not all of us fit the Millgram mold.

7. i was using that as an example for people being arrested for cannabis. Not terrorists...

8. so will you work with the rest of us to fix the problem?

9. and lots of the blades up here talk of times when the cops let them walk.
    Caught red-handed and allowed to walk.

10. + indoctrination and propaganda...both are powerful tools...

It's been a while since I've posted these but it seems appropriate:

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future."

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

"It is not truth that matters, but victory."

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."

"The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

^ Adolf Hitler, Der Führer

And of course...still ringing true to this day:

“Naturally the common people don't want war. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.” - Hermann Goering, Hitler's Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II.

11. 872,720 marijuana arrests in 2007
    847,863 marijuana arrests in 2008
    858,408 marijuana arrests in 2009.

12. I think the problem will be "fixed" when:

1- Ron Paul becomes President
    or
    2- The entire system collapses

Both of which are likely...2 is really likely if 1 doesn't happen.

The entire speech is worthing watching but the final 15 minutes is POWERFUL, especially 4:30-on:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQNt276JyWo]Tom Woods: Final 15 - Nullify Now! Los Angeles - YouTube[/ame]

13. not gonna argue against that. but then again, if you look at some of my other posts you'll realize I'm not that far from you guys in my political views.

I just asking if you were some of the ones who thought everyone in uniform was evil, and if you're willing to help fix it instead of just rail against it. Build something back to what it was supposed to have been, or just tear it down since you disagree with it!

14. How many of the kids who are allowed to walk are upper class white children?

Marijuana and racial inequality - Drugs - Salon.com

15. and if you'll look at some of the posts I've made today you'll see that I agree with that statement!
    Hell, I've made more posts TODAY than I have since 2007!

16. Don't know. I know I sure got to walk a lot as a kid, and sure as fuck ain't upper class. If i hadn't I'd have never been able to do my job. And I just look white.
    how many of the other blades here are rich white kids?

17. Some of them post about having maids and suchlike status indicators, but we would really need a poll:)

18. MJ I don't agree with you on alot of these subjects ( well i agree, but have different ideas about the solution ) but I had never heard that quote by Herman Goering before and i have to be honest it freaks me out how true it is.

19. Thread related...

Reading this now, very good so far. I love Judge Nap. Look at that mean mug...he means business! :D

[​IMG]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Government-Told-You-Deception/dp/B0052HL1UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312527984&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History: Andrew P. Napolitano: Books[/ame]

Quotes from the beginning of the book:

"'For this I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Everyone, who is of the truth, hears my voice.' Pilate said to him, 'What is truth?'" - John 18:37

"[M]en are so simple, and so subject to present necessities, that he who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived." - Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince

"Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection." - Henry A. Wallace, Vice President of the United States (1941-1945)

Contents

Foreword by Congressman Ron Paul

Introduction

Lie #1: "All Men Are Created Equal"
    Lie #2: "All Men . . . Are Endowed by Their Creator with Certain Inalienable Rights"
    Lie #3: "Judges Are Like Umpires"
    Lie #4: "Every Vote Counts"
    Lie #5: "Congress Shall Make No Law . . . Abridging the Freedom of Speech"
    Lie #6: "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed"
    Lie #7: "Your Body Is Your Temple"
    Lie #8: "The Federal Reserve Shall Be Controlled by Congress"
    Lie #9: "It's Only a Temporary Government Program"
    Lie #10: "I'm from the Government, and I'm Here to Help"
    Lie #11: "We Are Winning the War on Drugs"
    Lie #12: "Everyone Is Innocent Until Proven Guilty"
    Lie #13: "The Constitution Applies in Good Times and in Bad Times"
    Lie #14: "Your Boys Are Not Going to Be Sent into Any Foreign Wars"
    Lie #15: "We Don't Torture"
    Lie #16: "The Right of the People to Be Secure in Their Persons, Houses, Papers, and Effects, Shall Not Be Violated"
    Lie #17: "America Has a Free Market"

Conclusion

Acknowledgments

Notes

About The Author

Index