The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging

Discussion in 'General' started by guLLy, Aug 25, 2009.

1. #1 guLLy, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    Making A Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging

Psychotropic drugs. It's the story of big money-drugs that fuel a $330 billion psychiatric industry, without a single cure. The cost in human terms is even greater-these drugs now kill an estimated 42,000 people every year. And the death count keeps rising. Containing more than 175 interviews with lawyers, mental health experts, the families of victims and the survivors themselves, this riveting documentary rips the mask off psychotropic drugging and exposes a brutal but well-entrenched money-making machine. (Excerpt from website)

http://www.sprword.com/videos/makingakilling/

2. idk i thought it was eye opening

bump

3. Seems the link is broken.

4. Sounds interesting. I'm taking a "Pharmeceutical Ethics" class I hope this kind of thing is included.

5. Just some more propaganda from the other side.

Psychotropic drugs have a place in our society. Yes, they hurt people, and at times things go wrong, but they also help a GREAT deal of people cope with their problems and become productive members of society, whereas they would have been institutionalized without psychotropic drugs. I talk to these types of people on a daily basis because of my profession, so I know firsthand the damage, as well as the pure salvation from insanity that psychotropic drugs bring to some people.

It's an industry that kills 42,000 a year. Cigarettes kill ten-fold that many. Alcohol kills about double that many. The nature of the human body is not uniform enough, from person to person, to make drugs that will be successfully implemented in all people, across all cultures, across all age groups and genetic make ups. Deaths WILL happen because of this, whether it is because of the drug itself, or suicidal ideation, or an accident related to the side effects of the drug.

I don't see how the industry can become any safer. When you take the number of people worldwide who are on some sort of psychotropic drug for psychiatric reasons, and compare it to that number of 42,000 deaths a year, it's a rather small number. If we remove psychotropic drugs from our society then there would be a sizeable number of people who could not go on living their lives. And again, because of the nature of our bodies I don't see how we could possibly make them THAT much safer. This is something I study daily. It just doesn't work like that.

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy into the whole evil-psychiatrist with ties to big pharma who just hands out prescriptions like candy to the masses. Sure, there are some, but the greater portion of them actually care for their jobs and what their profession entails. Everybody always wants to complain about psychiatry and the numbers of antidepressants and antipsychotics everybody is on, but yet NOBODY is out there proposing that this compound be used over this already established compound, or that this compound is a better fit for battling psychosis or depression than the ones we have now.

People are largely to blame, as well. As the size of America's waistline has skyrocketed so to have the claims of psychosis or depression. People need to take a personal role in their getting better. Everybody is just too damn doctor happy nowadays, because the majority of people are in disgusting shape and even poorer health.

6. lukas i suggest you watch the whole thing, shit is fucked up. my friends dog was prescribed valium because she is too hyper when they have guests over, now try to tell me it isn't all about MONEY.

7. I've already seen it, and I've already told you it isn't just about money. If a doctor was irresponsible enough to prescribe a dog valium that DOES NOT reflect upon the rest of the industry. If your friend honestly went looking for a sedative for a rowdy dog then sorry, your friend is an idiot. Train your dog better, or get one that is known to be quiet.

:rolleyes:

8. dude its the money or else pot would be legal

9. Unabsorbed drugs flushed down and leaked into the groundwater are sure signs of a huge social problem, and this is one of the fastest growing industrial pollutants, and totally uncontrollable, in the civilized world.

Fuck Pharma. Dr. Mengele's bitches.

They keep trying to sell you a hairline, an erection, and a fake smile in a pill.

They justify it by creating cures rarely, that they declare their intellectual property, even though the common good of society and humanity far outweighs their need to control copyrights.

I blame Walt Disney.

They've told us to be simultaneously Sleepy, Dopey, and Happy, and use the other dwarves, Sneezey, Grumpy, and Bashful, as an excuse for them to play Doc with our hormones, chromosomes, DNA, and resistance levels.

"Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah, Zip-A-Dee-Yay!"

And legally!

Cannabis is Medicine. Fuck Pharma. End The Lies.