The Unpopular Opinion

Discussion in 'General' started by Spankle, Jul 31, 2012.

1. what???? Lol isn't that the point???????? You literally just reiterated everything I said. Patriotism is a loyalty to your country and its people hence the gang mentality comment. I think it's fucking stupid. Are you high? Please don't try and discuss logic with me while you're mind is altered in any way. You've already made yourself look ignorant.

2. The definition of patriotism is having love for ones country, and you're trying to say if you have patriotism obviously you hate every other coutry. How does that make sense? Just because I like my country doesn't mean I hate everybody else.

3. #43 Spankle, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Don't twist my words. I never said if you are a patriot you hate everyone else. However, here is a hypothetical. If there were two people of equal social status and importance. Both had wife and kids. One was from your country and one was from another. Both were being held hostage and you could save one of them. You don't know what would happen to the other but you could save one. Would you pick your countryman or the dude from halfway around the world. A "patriot" would choose his countryman because he has an inherent loyalty to his country. I think that logic is fucking asanine. It's not about hating every other country. It's about thinking yours is superior simply because you were born there. That's such a naive way of thinking. If you were born in England you'd be a patriot of England. American born patriot of America. So really your patriotism is of no real value. It's just a luck of the draw as to where you were born.

4. And I quote, "You were born in a certain country so that makes you care about the humans in your country more than another country?" So yes you did say if youre a patriot you hate everyone else. And of course I would choose to save the guy from my country instead of some random ass guy i dont even know. Dont try to tell me you would save the other guy cause thats bullshit.

5. ^Cant tell if serious....

6. That's not exactly saying you hate everyone else from other countries, but I know what you're getting at.

7. That's probably one of the worst scenarios I've ever heard.

8. #48 Spankle, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Holy shit dude. LOL. I still don't see where I said patriots "hate" everyone else. Who says you know the guy from your country??? If you've never met either why does your countryman's life take precedence over anothers? That's the fallacy in patriotism. I don't even see what you're getting at. We both agree on what patriotism is. I just happen to think it's stupid.

Obviously I don't know which I would save unless in the situation. However, my philosophy and moral would lead me to one of two conclusions. I would A. save neither as it's not my right to decide the fate of another, or B. if forced to choose one I would look in to the eyes of both men and make a human decision. Not one based on the fact that I happen to pop out of a vagina on the same mass of land as one of the men.

and Jeff
    Why is that a bad scenario? It pits two people of equal status and attachments against one another and the only differing factor you have to consider is the country of their birth. Under the logic of the outcome being based on patriotism what would be a better one?

9. 9/11 was an inside job.
    I think all drugs, including heavy unmentionables should be legal.
    Too many racial ones against blacks to feel comfortable posting without feeling like a piece of shit.
    Dont think soliders are heros

10. Spanked sent me here. I AM THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS TYPE OF THREAD. haha jk, I'm just being an asshole about it now :p

My unpopular opinion, or more of a question, is, Does anybody think that we're somewhat predetermined to become extinct some day? Greed and selfishness is part of our conscience and sometimes human nature, it's our down fall? How much of it will be our fault?

11. ^ the world will end because of zombies. FACT or atleast I hope, not sure how the outbreak will happen but I'm teaming up with woody harrellson cause he's in the ass kicking business and... Business is good.

12. Interesting question. I think that we have such a massive population that the only way for us to become extinct is by some massive natural event (an ice age meteor tsunami etc.) Either that or a nuclear war. The question is now are we going to be responsible for the changes in our climate that facilitate a natural disaster on the scale of extinction?? hmmmmm

13. #53 Something New, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    I dislike steam, for alot of reasons, only thing good about it is the community features (friendslist, seeing what game people are in etc. , which also other programs do, so not really a plus about steam)

14. Don't know which side is more popular but I'm 100% for abortion

Also if a woman hits a man, I believe he has every right to hit her back; just cause she's not the same sex doesn't give her some special immunity. Not saying that guys should be allowed to kick the shit out of women, but if you're prepared to give a slap, be prepared to receive one

15. One, what about keeping a baby? You know how much money it takes to raise a kid? Along with sending that kid to college, which is probably going to be a requirement in the near future. Second of all, if someone knows they're not ready for a child, theres more of a chance that the person is not going to be a good parent for that child. Sorry, but if you ask me, I'd rather have a kid be born and have a good parent(s), than a kid be born and have shitty parent(s),and then wander the world with either shitty manners, fucked up mentality, and just be menace to society. If we want to improve our world and future generations, we need to consider the factors of why some people commit crime and other serious acts.

And LOL at your Bush comment. I don't like Obama either, but umm....lets see here, who started the whole bad economy situation in this country? And sent the troops to Iraq?

16. I am also 100% for abortion. But my unpopular opinion on that is when it comes to making it a law that it is illegal/legal. I think that only women should have the right to vote on the issue. With something like this I don't care about "taking other rights away". It has nothing to do with men, so we shouldn't get a say.

17. Adoption, adoption, adoption.

18. I'm pro abortion only because i'm pro personal rights and choice. I may think you're a shitty person for aborting a baby but that doesn't change the fact that it's your right to do so. I do however think there should be a reform as to how late you can wait to have an abortion. In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed after 6weeks of development. From 6 weeks on the brain begins to separate, the heart begins to beat, blood begins to circulate, and the skin become sensitive to touch.

19. You do realize how tough it is for a women to give birth to a child? I can't remember the whole fact, but i remember it saying that on a scale that measures a person's pain, giving birth to a child was way above of what an average person can handle. Also what about the whole nine months of pregnancy? Ask anyone woman about it, they'll most likely tell you it's a pain. Now imagine that, along with the fact a woman is going through this pain to give birth to something she's not ready for.

Second, it's not talked about much on the television, but there are a lot of shitty Foster homes. A lot of kids run away, and a lot of times turn to crime. A lot of the factors are still there if you want to improve a society.

Besides, if someone really wants to adopt a kid, go to China and adopt one. They have more than plenty in that booming and over populating society.

We got 7 billion people on this earth, we need to start learning how to organize ourselves and others around us if we really want to turn things around. Whether it be global warming and human destruction of the Earth, less corruption and greed, and so forth. Not saying that allowing abortion is going to have all of this happen, but its one of the few things.

Now I don't believe women should have an unlimited number of abortions, unless it's rape, incest, or probable cause of death to a woman. I think every woman should have at least one chance to have an abortion. After the first time, you can't anymore. Some people still need to take responsibility for their actions, at some point.

20. Humans are highly evolved animals. We evolved consciousness. And it also surprises me how common people steal, lie and take advantage of others. Deep down, all animals act the same to promote themselves.