The Unofficial Perpetual Join at any time Party Cup Competition.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by EatMyLunch, Aug 2, 2012.

1. JUST GOT LIKE 10 bag seeds of some 707 head-band :hello:gunna start like 5 for solo cups :rolleyes: going to soak some rockwool and probably try to make a couple DWC out of the solo cups...cuz i think i finally done with soil......i see so many people with over/under watering problems and i dont want to go back to that nightmare

in my opinion water is so much easier to control without dirt in your way...

and you can even use organic nutes in Hydro as long as you dont have any type of Sub pumps and you make sure to change your res every 5-7 days...with the nutes i use i can get about 10-15 days outta a 11gallon batch(first batch lasted a month :D )

2. It's been topped and I have the first set of fan leaves lst'd with paper clips to get maximum light to the new potential tops.

They are also only about 4inches from the light. There just growers I guess :confused_2:

3. Good news got another Dogistand(bagseed) seed. It germinated successfully I have a photo but it will not let me upload a picture. It's now in a solo cup with 75% Miracle Grow organic choice and 25% perlite under 3 5500k 23 watt CFL's and 1 2700k 23 watt CFL. Hopefully it is a female. I plan to veg for 20 days then throw it into flower. I will be using Fox Farms grow big and Big Bloom for nutes. Best of luck to everyone and I will edit in a picture when I can.

4. #64 EatMyLunch, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    If your going to go Miracle Grow organic choice is certainly the best of the worst. I've never had very much luck with MG products early in my growing career.

Even though it may say it doesn't have time release nutes and non organic material you can bet your bottom dollar that there are small amounts in there. I don't know for me personally I like to be completely in control of my plants nutrient schedules. I just don't trust MG to allow me to do that.

Who knows though that's what this competition is all about. Maybe you surprise us all and end up with some monsters. :)

Glad to hear you are set and ready to go though. I look forward to seeing the pics whenever GC lets me. LOL

5. wat lights u got on them rb

6. 5 23w CFL's and a 150HPS. In the whole space you'll have to visit my other thread to see the full grow.

The babies are right under 2 23w.

7. are they hot or just warm, can u hold your fingers on them and its just warm?

8. They have a fan on them so they are nice and :cool:

9. yaya i am not asking that man, go touch ur lights there the 23w cfls and tell me how they are on your hands on the bulb

10. my babys are currently 1/2 inch under the 24 watt t5, but i can hold my fingers comfortable on the bulb no problem

so if yours are nice and cool, lower bulb maybe? tighter nodes on your plant make for a sexy bud later

11. True. But at this stage I want them to grow UP a little. I can LST them around the cup and get 4 or 5 mini colas.

12. yea i guess u could do that to, its up to u just givin my input i like to give them as much light as they like, mine are reaching up for it to hit that 1/2 inch so i know they lovin it

13. I am a firm belief that Organic soils should be used as such. Organic means you should have no additives it should grow fine with regular soil. To many people misuse nutes on Miracle Grow that's why I feel it's given a bad rap. Also they do not address the drainage issue which is why I add perlite. I haven't had any issues with it so far and will continue to use it until the bag runs out haha soon I will switch to my own organic mix and stop using nutes all together.

14. #74 EatMyLunch, Aug 6, 2012
    When you do I'll slap you with some organic Rep+ :D

Organic is the way to go. I'd rather not have flowers polluted with chemicals from a lab. It just doesn't seem natural and organics done right gives you a BETTER plant.

15. thats why i wanna do organic DWC with solo cups....ive been thinking and organic hydro sounds pretty cool BET THE BUDS TASTE GREAT...

16. Sometimes the Party makes it to the pool.

What lady doesn't enjoy occasionally lounging by the pool to get some sun?

[​IMG]

17. :wave:I am going to take a cutting off my super sour so I can do a clone vs. seed side by side. Maybe we can find a answer to my qustion about what will do better in a party cup, clone or seed. I only had half a cup of coco left and did not want to waste it so that is how I came to this idea. I had to use coco out of my vegging plant to fill my party cup so I am trying to flush a couple of times to get all the nutrients and salts out before I put anything into it. Once I am able to take a clipping I will put up a pic.

18. #78 BlackWeeds, Aug 6, 2012
    I smiled when I saw that picture, I am so envious of your pool!

Edit:

My 3 seeds are starting to show teeny tiny little tap roots.

[​IMG]

19. For the absolute newbies here I thought it might be helpful to offer this simple guide.
    A. get a seed
    B. cover it with dirt
    C. add water
    D. turn the lights on and off for about 3 or 4 months
    E. use something sharp to cut it down then hang it to dry
    F. invite a friend over and ask them how to smoke it.

20. should make that your sig. good info there;)