The Universe

Discussion in 'General' started by My Fax, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Has anybody else watched this on The History Channel? Every episode is another entity in the universe, so far I've seen "The Sun" and "The Moon". The slogan for the show is "It'll Blow Your Mind". When I saw that I was like "yea yea, blow my mind, ok sure" But watching the show, holy shit, my mind was blown.

Like, on the episode of The Sun. They were talking about solar flares. You know how a solar flare is a big arch of fire kind of? Well they said even the smaller ones you can pass Jupiter through.

I just watched The Moon. It had some amazing theories of how the Moon came to be.

If you haven't watched this show yet you really have to next time you get the chance. It'll blow your mind!

2. Yes!

This show kicks ass! +rep for the Discovery Channel. I swear that and the History Channel were made for stoners. I'm sure the execs. of those stations are total nerd/stoners themselves.

3. i agree, this show is awesome. it truly IS mind-blowing, especially when you're lit! :)

4. I love it when anti-mj activists say weed makes you stupid yet, I'm getting informed with educational material while they're watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

5. yeah dude I just watched the moon.

cool show

6. Science grabbing the mind of the stoned, gotta love it :D

7. the universe doesnt exist, its just a government conspiracy. jk

8. I have been watching it, but i missed it the last two weeks. I saw The sun, Mars, and the end of the earth I think. What was it tonight? I think they replay it at midnight so I'll try to catch it then.

Edit: They repeat it at 1 not 12.

9. Dude, thats soo going in my sig.

10. sounds cool, I was just wondering if I should download it off of eztv. anyone know if the eps are up streaming somewhere so I don't have to be downloading more than i need to...?

11. Well, I'd say the History Channel was made for stoners, I mean, they're abbreviated caption is THC.

12. My mind has just been blown once again by this show.

13. i love this show as well. I like how it makes me feel like a little tiny spec of dust compared to our universe. Then i get to thinking, i imagine how a spec of dust actually feels compared to us....whoa.....

edit: 500th post.....sweet...

14. Couldn't have said it better.

15. The History Channel and A&E are my 2 favorite channels to watch. I'm always down for learning something new:cool:

16. I have the first series on DVD.

17. I was getting a haircut a month ago at a more trendy place than my usual old foreign lady barber shop. My hairstylist is probably around 30 and we have the usual small talk. She starts going on and on about how much she loves shopping and reality shows like survivor and big brother. Talking quickly ended as I had nothing to say. My only thoughts on the topic were that I believed the downfall of the U.S. is obsession with celebrities and gross materialization rather than with education and politics.

But as my dear mother always said, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

18. i love this show! the big bang was awesome. if that's really how the galaxy and the planets and us all came to be, then that's just amazing. our planet hit the cosmic jackpot, depending on which way you look at it. ;)

19. I've never seen the show but it definatly sounds trippy and something I could get into. I love the show Planet Earth, this sort of sounds similar.

20. it is fun to watch, but its directed towards the common person who knows almost nothing about astronomny as with most 'documentaries' these days. If you know a little something, you'll probably be insulted by how simplified the theories are. It was good to see Michio Kaku involved, him and Neil deGrasse Tyson are two of my favorite public science interest makers... (there ought to be a term for that that I'm just forgetting)