Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The universe has a limit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Canadian Bud, Jan 9, 2011.

1. I can't quite understand this. You know how they said that before the big bang happened, there was no universe but after the big bang the universe went from the size of a pea to being enormous... Well, what the fuck? If there really is a limit to the universe what would be on the other side? How could the universe just create itself rather than just always being there but empty? There can't be a limit to the universe but something can't go on and on because there always has to be an ending. FUCK, please help me on this I really know it's unrelated to cannabis but this is really mind shitting me.

2. hahaha,you gotta watch more discovery channel man :laughing:

3. for all us humans know it goes forever we will never know in our time man

4. i think it's a loop. a loop is the only thing that has no beginning and no end, right? its the only way i can make sense of it.

i think if you got in a rocket ship and just kept going in the same direction for thousands of years you would somehow end up right back at earth.

5. I don't think the human brain has the capability to understand it

6. This

read some of hawkins shit, or other type books like that. black holes hold the key to the START of the understanding - we havent even got that far yet.

7. well we gott'n pretty damn close

there's a couple of theories floating around~:p

u can check this one out if you got the time:smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNkazRo-tE]YouTube - The "Bubble Universe" Theory (Part 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbe-h-myC4&feature=related]YouTube - The "Bubble Universe" Theory (Part 2)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqio3INqKdE&feature=related]YouTube - The "Bubble Universe" Theory (Part 3)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5r7gfXwl3M&feature=related]YouTube - The "Bubble Universe" Theory (Part 4)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcR4ixz7BRY&feature=related]YouTube - The "Bubble Universe" Theory (Part 5)[/ame]

8. Dude in the world of theoretical crazy-talk, the limit assumption...
    limit assumption - Google Search is so complicated that it doesn't even have a wikipedia page. You actually have to read scholarly articles, real ones, that you may have to pay to access just to even read a coherent piece of literature on something like this.

9. i think we have the capacity to understand all of it, but not in our current state.

because we as humans, after all, are under the influence of ignorance.

10. Who cares about 'if the universe has limits'. shit in 100 years, everyone on this planet is gonna be dead anyway.

11. i dont really want to get into religion because there is a different forum for this talk.
    but youre right - we do have the capacity, just not in this state. so technically, we dont.
    Thats the whole point when religion/afterlife/God came about. if we fully understand it, there is no god. therefore we cant understand it.

12. Some say it's expanding at the speed of light.

13. I'm missing the whole, "we have capacity but now not or we don't have it but we will" thing.

Are we doing philosophy here?

14. #14 SammySess, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
    Scientists also believe in a theory that our universe, is one of a group of other universes. Its a theory that says there is more than one universe, although the chemical structures could be very different, as in there could be no water, or no rocks.

Stephen Hawking says in one of his theories that there could be 7 other universes outside our own, that we are not the only one.

I always wondered whats outside the shell of our universe. We are so small beyond belief, we cant begin to grasp what awaits us in our own oceans so imagine the mental capacity it would take to understand how our universe is structured and how it works. There are chemical processes and things unimaginable to our minds.

Its possible for objects to disappear and re-appear again with certain chemical processes but science has not reached that level of technology yet (i forgot which chemical reactions, although i saw it on tv) This is just a tiny example of how incredible life and our universe is.

Scientists say our brains are a mini-cosmos, a mini representation of our glorious universe.

15. Check this out too, by NASA.

An experimenting taking place, in the hopes of finding a habitable planet:

Kepler: Home Page

16. The universe is expanding at the speed of light therefor it basically goes on infinitely

17. Pretty much everything you hear about the universe is referred to as a "theory". Meaning that it is NOT fact. The fact is, that we will most likely (or at least for a long time) never know how, why, or what happened in the beginning of the universe