The UKs Outdoor Guerilla Grow Thread - 2016

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GoldGrower, Jan 10, 2016.

1. what's everyone's plans for this year then?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Not outdoor but ill follow

• Like Like x 1
  3. Same, i don't know If I'm going to bother this year,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not from UK, but will be helping my long time friend from the UK with a Frisian Duck grow. Possibly 3-10 plants, I'll be posting for him most likely. It'll be his first grow ever, so I don't expect any harvest at all, but if he does pull a half o or oz I'd be proud :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. dont sound worth ot 100w of cfl could get ya that.... Im sure if you dont get ripped if ya get to flower i bet you get more than an Oz

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 dr doobs, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    hey gold , u leading the outdoor revolution this year lol. After all the hard work and money I put into last year im on the look out for a green house haha.
    Aswell as that im going to chop between 10-15 trees in half soon as my cars up and running, use the tops off the trees to make a fence to keep the darn deers out ( was putting up fishing line everytime I went there , used up loads of time ) And the fact the sun lowers in winter and my plants got all the shade I think it caused the most mould.
    Whats everyone favourite for growing outdoor? esp mould res plants. Looking for autos and full term.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 HittingMyRoor, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    Yeahhh I just have low expectations because it is his first time :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well if he has a mentor and listens i would expect a good grow be positive haha :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey guys. I'm not in the UK but am attempting a grow next season. Dela Haze is supposed to be very weather resistant and a heavy yielder.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's a shame to hear guys, how come? I didn't grow any outdoors last year, but hoping to get some out this year. Only doing autos though, I'm always disappointed with photoperiod plants in my area. It's just too cold for them in the autumn

• Like Like x 1
  11. It's just my situation isn't suited best, for whatever reason I got mold every where and it's disappointing

• Like Like x 1
  12. Green houses are awesome mate. I've had some good harvests from greenhouses in the past, well worth the cost if you're able to use one.

I try different strains every year and I always have some degree of mould. I had nirvana'a white widow once that did really well, but might have been just a lucky year with the weather

• Like Like x 1
  13. I hear ya man, I always get mould too, I'm sticking to autos grown mid summer if the weather is dry enough

• Like Like x 1
  14. If I do it this year it will be all autos! And maybe a few of the hybrids from hell seeds, sugar1 seemed to have really good success with them last year

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morning people. So I've been chatting with a friend who is a very experienced grower. A lot older than me. He really wants to do an outdoor grow this year.
    He has permanent moved back to where I live too so looks like we are on!

Now it's time to find a spot I can access which I'd out the way. Any tips for spotting good spots to plant in? Also any preference on strains to do outdoor? New 5o all this side of growing!

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 Father Ted, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    My plan gold grower. Plus I'm going to buy a greenhouse and risk one big fuck off plant in there I think.

• Like Like x 1
  17. My advise to you ted, is don't get one of these, there good for stealth but also block a lot of the sun and water droplets collect on the inside of the roof and drop on ya plants, the clear one is ok but you can see through it easy

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1452776021.563635.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. I find scouring Google maps helps cover a lot of ground in a short time, whilst sitting in the comfort of your home. I look for small clearings in woods far from roads and pathways. South facing hills are desirable because they get lots of sun and the ground is likely to drain better.

Once I have picked out a few possibilities, I suit up in my hiking gear and take a day to check out the spots and take some soil samples. At home I test the ph and EC/ppm of the soil to see what amendments are needed if any.

Certain plants will already indicate if the soil is unsuitable. Pine usually comes with a very high ph, and reeds grow in wet and mostly boggy areas. These are best left alone. I find it common where I live to have a clearing in the woods that fern has taken over. I find fern really helps disguise marijuana plants, and when it's really thick it deters animals from battling through it.

Rabbits, dear, and sheep are nightmares, so it's worth picking a spot that isn't very easy to get to. Thorny plants and bushes, and thick, dense inedible plants help to turn them away

• Like Like x 2
  19. I've often wondered how much sun is blocked by those coloured greenhouses. I have never tried one though. I have grown in a glass greenhouse with bubble wrap covering all of the panes. That wasn't too bad. Not huge buds, but the quality was there, and they always finished before the frost got to them. I used to use a paraffin heater to keep them warm at night

• Like Like x 1
  20. It's 25% light blocker I think because it's only for nursing plants, not to bring them full term,
    Sweet seeds, cream Caramel was the best I've done in there, it was a fast version and finished 3 weeks before the others

• Like Like x 1