The truth about T5 flourescents???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onedanklife, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Hey all.... what up... i am a noob no doubt, in the start of my first ever... ive done plenty of lurking now, so i thought id ask a few q's.....well, what can i say....lol... i guess the only reason im here is cuz of where the economy and my own personal economy arent doing all that well...haha... (not funny actually)... so i have not been able to afford my kind smoke, which for the first time in like 10+ years... i had to resort to burning some mexican yukee stuff...:(:(.. so gross....i mean.. really???... how can these people regularly smoke that crap... anyways.... thats why im here... plus, like all of us stoners, i ve always had the urge to do it but just never really had the chance....my friend as a kid, his dad grew, and i got a peek at a few of his specimens, and was always just floored by the whole ora of growing your own smoke....

i have a small cab (2x4x3), with (6) 100W (equivelent) CFL's cool white... those are doing great so far... i really am trying to not do any big lights.. the heat issue scares me kinda...lol, as i do have others living within my space...., not to mention i am trying to do this low budget as possible... i ended up with a free 4 lamp T5 HO fixture im currently running with 5100K lamps, they are not the horticulture ones i know, but they were free.... instead of $13...so my question is this... how well will my 4 lamp T5 HO fixture do for a whole grow....???? i was planning on running just the 4 lamps until flower, then put in like 3500K-4100K lamps, but also add (2) 2 lamp T5 HO same kelvin strip fixtures on the sides runing down, but same way as top lamps... so going from from (4) 5100K at veg, to (12) 3500K-4100K at flower.... in reality, what kind of harvest do think one may get out of this set up... it is a 2x4 ebb & flow with 7 high end clones in it.... 3 plants with initials JR (jack herrer??), 2 BK (bubba Kush???), and 2 BN (banana Kush???)... and is my idea worthy to try and get the flouro light deeper into the plant by adding sufficient side lighting to reach under/into the plants.... i am a little nervous on putting these plants into the hydro system, so i stuck 2 into soil so for sure i ended up with at least 2 good plants.... i have started several latin shwag seeds as well in soil, theyre doing well.... what kinda quality will those turn out with a little more tlc than the last guy???

all in all i am having way fun, it s one thing that for sure has taken my mind off of my nasty divorce too... a fun little hbby to get into... it makes me want to grow veggies and stuff too, like a self sufficent farm....haha if i only had the farm now.... anyways, any insight and kind advice is for sure welcome... let me know what u guys think..

questions??

1. what do you think about my light set up? will it work satisfactory more importantly?? really? how big a difference to go from flouros at veg... to maybe 400w hps at flower?? these T5 fixtures i get for free (thats why id like to use em)

2. any insight on the initials on those clones?? im not 100% sure (but i guess u never can be)

3. and 3rd, what kinda end result might that mexi schwiggetty seed put out w/ tlc and some good nutes???

2. 1.) The T 5's will work best with 2700k bulbs for flower and 6500k bulbs for veg. A 400w HPS will be better yet for flowering, but T 5's do work.
    2.) Not sure either on the clones, but you're probably close!
    3.)With TLC and a good environment you can harvest a pretty decent bud with mexi-genetics although not like your killer clones.

Good luck on your new hobby.........I sure enjoy it. It's a great way to chill when your sitting in your room full of flowers:D...........peace

3. They are great for clones and veg.