Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The truth about eating marijuana, RAW

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Perihelion, Feb 20, 2009.

1. #61 Ku5hM4te, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    Ive tried it, and i seriously believe that the "high" or possibly placebo is not worth the waste of weed. Smoke it bro, i heard its fairly common ;)

EDIT:
    +rep

2. Goto to a doctor, because you can not pick up a book, or go and watch nat geo./ And ask?, Sir how come marijuana effects our brains. And you will learn what I already told you. Our bodies react because of a built in system in our brains that reacts with cannabis. I am not arguing with armchair stoners. You can rad it anywhere
    Cannabinoid receptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to eating raw, raw works, not as well as cannabis heated to 180F in a fat based medium or smoking or vaping. The fact still stands that consuming marijuana works.

3. Except those receptors were there in species long before cannabis came around. The body produces its own cannabinoids such as anandamide and others. The fact that cannabis has cannabinoids is not a case of us evolving neuroreceptors for them. It's a case of cannabis having happened to found its own use for them, and us finally discovering cannabis.

4. So you are implying that cannabinoid receptors are innately in our biological set up, And that in no way evolution played a part? I find that hard to believe, that the human body strangely has receptors made only to receive the chemical from cannabis yet, somehow 'Ex Nihilo' humans gathered this trait. This sounds much like an anti-darwinism case... Explain to me , did God bestow these receptors, or is it more likely man has been cultivating and using marijuana for more than the last 50,000 years...

I appreciate a good argument, specifically if knowledge is brought to light.

5. The cannabinoids found in cannabis aren't the only cannabinoids. We have endocannabinoids as well, cannabinoids in our own body, like anandamide. Anandamide isn't found in weed.

6. There is nothing to argue about, and you're just not getting it. Of course evolution had a role. That's how we got here. The receptors did not evolve as a response to cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. They evolved for the same reason other receptors evolved; to serve biological functions with chemicals our own bodies produced already. It just so happens that cannabis also produces similar chemicals.

I'm not going to bother to argue about it anymore when people are just being dense on purpose. :confused_2:

I'm done with this discussion. It's off topic for the thread and people are just not paying attention to fact.

7. Well since your done, we all should be. So you are saying we formed these receptors because of our exposure to this plant, and to serve biological functions. in humans. sounds similiar to an evolutionary trait... forget a search for truth as long as your satiated. anyways I tried to remain on topic of eating raw herb. and have kept up with that topic. Eating Raw herb works, through experience, through science, anything you want to add?

Arguments are how truth is illuminated fail to do so, and live in the darkness... Im willing to learn from you, I dont know everything, that is why we have conversations. You want to cut it off, your loss.:hello:

8. We have many others as well not just Andamide, it is highly coincidental that humans would evolve such receptors with continual exposure to the use of cannabis. As far as Andamide goes, I don't know much about this, id love to hear more:wave:

9. You can't argue with this mans logic. He just wiped the floor. However, you said marijuana probably developed cannabinoids as a way to get animals to use it...not too often do you see a monkey lightin a bowl. so does this mean that you indeed can get high from eating it raw?
    fuck idk :smoke:

10. Yes, it's just a huge waste as it's not very efficient. I also didn't say that that's why cannabis developed them, I said that was more likely than us evolving receptors for cannabis.

At least your question was more on topic :)

11. #71 Mrblixa, Feb 5, 2011
    Thats not my argument. Humans have evolved for thousands of years and have found cannabis as a source of religious visions and medicinal use. My argument is that mans use of cannabis over the thousands of years of evolution is the reason for our evolutionary gain of the trait of these receptors. I agree with the idea you don't see a monkey sparking a bowl. But we do know of egyptians , who used it and it can be traced back further. So, why do humans have a receptor for a single specific plant. I infer that the use of it over the years has effected our evolution and therefore we have these receptors for this plant. We can move this topic to another thread, but its continuing...

The raw argument I think we all agree, it is less efficient than smoking or baking it with milk based products. however it still works.

It is a nice day outside, lets continue this in the more boring hours of the night.

12. #72 Lebowski, Feb 5, 2011
    That is still a theory.

Thinking that the plant produced THC for humans to use is naive.
    Mammals have probably had endocannabinoids for longer than cannabis has existed, which in the scope of plant life on earth, has been a very short time.

And for info purposes, THC with that carboxyl group is known as THC-acid (THC-a).

13. unfortunately, i have not shit to do today lol. anyways, the problem i see with that is why would they smoke something if they don't get a buzz from it? (ie: prior to the "evolution of cannabinoid receptors in human brains") without the receptors, it wouldn't produce the "religious visions" etc.. it doesn't add up

14. No.

What I'm talking about is only useful for eating the cannabis.

When you smoke it, the flame of the lighter takes care of the decarboxylation. That's why smoking is so effective!

15. I'm dangerously close to getting infracted for namecalling, though it would be an appropriate term. I think at this point you're just trolling. Man would not have started using cannabis if we didn't already have receptors. Endocannabinoids and their receptors evolved in sea creatures and were carried to land, LONG before cannabis existed. Give it up man. Another post like that and I'll KNOW you're just trolling for the sake of starting arguments. I wasn't going to bother engaging you again but really...if your logical faculties are that weak I just don't know what else to think. I know you want to think the romantic thought that we evolved the receptors in order to use cannabis, but that flies in the face of every single fact there is on the subject. Go do some real research before you shoot your mouth off again.

16. This was epic. OSG is right though, guessing that THC receptors are there for us to get high is VERY wishful thinking. Nice try though. OSG knows his shit.

17. Hah! I'm gonna start drinking a full glass of milk before I leave the house to get my weed next time. So if the cops pull me over and I eat it, lol the fat in the milk will absorb THC thus getting me high? >:)

18. #78 Crypto Tech, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
    I am not a man that believes in coincidences, especially at the cellular level.

It cannot be argued, unless you're religious (don't even argue this post religiously), that in the early stages of earth, everything alive came from the same source.

Now what you just said:

This is basically the answer to the question. If the question is: "Does Cannabis produces chemicals that are capable of being bound to receptors in the human brain?" ; it is irrefutable evidence that if Cannabinoids are found occurring naturally in our blood and in the plant, Cannabis and Human's were meant for each other. In other words: We are tied together on a cellular level.

19. According to Mrblixa's logic if we all sniff dog poo for the entirety of our lives our ancestors will develop poo receptors which will intake the poo smell and get them high. LOL sorry I'm pretty stoned.